+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I was over at the Niners message board today, just browsing around, and I came across a couple of Niners fans posts' who fear David Wilson this weekend.

Now, it's obvious that the Niners are elite at stopping the run, but they fear that we'll pull out David Wilson as a "secret weapon" this weekend that will take the Niners defense by surprise. I was a bit surprised by that. They also feel that it's only a matter of time until this kid explodes onto the scene.

For once, I hope they're right.
    personally they are right to fear Wilson! noone knows very much about him from a game planning standpoint cuz he hasnt played very much as a running back!

im hoping Wilson uses the touchdown he scored last week to motivate him into not only bringing fear to the 9ers but to the league as a whole!

Quote Originally Posted by fansince69 View Post
    Inside information or ESP?
    Reliable Source !

i just hope he can do it when hes not getting enormous monsterus holes to run through.. So far on the kickoffs and the TD run , the holes he had to explode through were so big, it wasen't even funny.. If we block like that, Henry Hynoski would be exploding for huge gains.. My point is, the speeds there, but i hope he can do it with a smaller crease to get through, which will be the case against SF..

Veteran
    How sweet would it be if we won by a late 4th
    TD that was taken to the house off a punt return.

Once again creating a frenzy in the noner camp
    about their special teams HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

I think the Giants saw the need for that type of speed and quickness, many plays against 49ers had small, quickly closing holes but alot of open space beyond them.

I was shocked how fast Wilson was through the secondary.......it was like he was shot out of a cannon........we have never had a RB who was that fast yet powerfull

Everyone keeps giving the excuse that hes had "major holes to run through" That may be true to an extent but have you not noticed how physical of a runner he is? He does not go down with first contact or even second contact. When he finishes a play his pads are down and he is making whoever tackles him pay for it. I love his running style.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive92 View Post
    I was over at the Niners message board today, just browsing around, and I came across a couple of Niners fans posts' who fear David Wilson this weekend.

Now, it's obvious that the Niners are elite at stopping the run, but they fear that we'll pull out David Wilson as a "secret weapon" this weekend that will take the Niners defense by surprise. I was a bit surprised by that. They also feel that it's only a matter of time until this kid explodes onto the scene.

For once, I hope they're right.
    Strange that you were able to read the Niners message board, last time I checked their message board was shut down.

I think TC fears Wilson more than anyone else right now, sure he wants to get him going this week but can't have any mistakes or turnovers this week.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Where David could really make his mark is by shortening the field for the offense. He needs to break a few long returns to give Eli and Co. good field position. Wouldn't mind seeing him run one back but I'll take a few 40-50 yard returns instead. Gives the offense a better chance to walk away with some points. Maybe not 6 but in a good position after a few plays to get a field goal.