+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Injuries

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    This is the legacy of George Young. Build your team through the draft and develop your future starters. He once commented that free agency was nothing more than a chance to acquire someone else's mistakes. Injuries are guaranteed, next man up is a belief in your organization.
    This has really shone through with the Giants this season. The depth on offense has been tested, and it's passed with flying colours. It's been extremely impressive seeing new guys just slot in so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    This has really shone through with the Giants this season. The depth on offense has been tested, and it's passed with flying colours. It's been extremely impressive seeing new guys just slot in so easily.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Every team goes through this every season. The Jets have lost Holmes and Revis.
    ............. For the season. We're still talking about when we're going to get our guys back.

Veteran
    Some teams had/have the loses we have, but I doubt
    any team had the loses we had in a specific position, for
    the consecutive number of years we have.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    How many people like myself..... just want to start off at least one season without a half dozen starters hurt? Maybe it is because I don't pay close attention to other teams, but it seems like the Giants always start the season like this...... what gives?
    I wanna totally agree with you but I work with fans of the Steelers, Eagles (spit) and Packers and we are all in the same boat. It is the nature of where the NFL is today and worse, where it is going. War of attrition every year. Go Blue!!
    No one remembers who came in second.

rest of the league is feeling it too ... you saw Cushing go down, RGIII concussed and many, many, many more

still we seem to have no luck, but if there is a silver lining ... only Thomas and Rodgers are lost for the season (of players expected to contribute) ... if we can get thru a few weeks with no new injuries, we might be in pretty good shape
    Apologize to Melo 5

+ Reply to Thread