+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Aikman takes Cowboys fans to task

"I don't think Dallas has ever really had a great home field advantage," he said. "... I think for a large part -- and the fans don't want to hear this -- a lot of the people that attend sports in this town, they're there because it's kind of just a place to be seen,"
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

"Merica's Team"

Banned
    Great way to talk about the fans of the team that supported. Go get another concussion.

LOL, it sounds like he's talking about LA fans or something.

"I didn't know anybody who went to Rangers games, and then when they started winning and going to World Series, everybody's wearing Rangers hats and saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm a big Rangers fan.' "
    OMG...this is golden...lol

Aikman speaks the truth.

Alot of fans in Tx are bandwagon jumpers. The Astros are an atrocious team so you never see anyone wearing Astros hats/jerseys. The Rangers were a bad team for yrs, they make it to back to back WS & all of a sudden, tons of Rangers fans start slithering out from under the ground proclaiming their love for the Tx Rangers. Bet half of them don't even know who Ivan Rodriguez was?

I live here in SA, TX & believe me, in 6yrs, I haven't seen a single Texan wearing a Houston Astros cap or Jersey. Only in 2010 did I start to notice the Rangers bandwagon hoppers sporting the Caps/Jerseys. Starting to see the Texans caps & jerseys popping up now that they're contenders as well. Before last yr, no Texans fans to be seen, more Boys fans in SA.

This popped up on another Cowboys forum I'm a member of.

Aikman is wrong about Dallas fans in general, but spot on about Cowboys fans.

There are two other teams that enjoy ruckus crowds; one of them is right next door.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    OMG...this is golden...lol

Aikman speaks the truth.
    Ehh the Rangers had a pretty decent following prior to their back to back WS appearances. Football is king in TX and baseball just gets overshadowed a bit when you think 'Texas'.

A lot of fans came out of nowhere, sure. That happens naturally. But there were plenty of fans prior to that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Ehh the Rangers had a pretty decent following prior to their back to back WS appearances. Football is king in TX and baseball just gets overshadowed a bit when you think 'Texas'.

A lot of fans came out of nowhere, sure. That happens naturally. But there were plenty of fans prior to that.
    Yes. I was an on/off fan for years, until Pudge arrived and I was hooked. Still am. Love me some Texas Rangers. Seen a lot of them come and go over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Yes. I was an on/off fan for years, until Pudge arrived and I was hooked. Still am. Love me some Texas Rangers. Seen a lot of them come and go over the years.
    It was great to see him back in a Rangers uniform briefly in 09!

I grew up east of Dallas and there doesn't seem to be as much love for the Rangers out that way as there is west of i30.
    I became a bigger supporter once I moved more west toward Fort Worth. It was just so easy to go to games and the fan experience is top notch. I don't live that close to Arlington anymore (Addison area), but I still get out to at least 20 games a summer. Was fortunate enough to be there last year in row 20 something behind home plate during the world series when Holland took the mound and had that phenomenal game. But my best memory there is probably the night the Napoli chant just really took off-- Game 2 of the ALDS last year against Tampa. Will remember it forever.