+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

The MLB situation: SNAFU

Chase Blackburn.

...He's a rather instinctive, relatively nonathletic football player. But I always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was at-the-very-least- A sure tackler. Yesterday he missed 5 by my count...which I'll admit I stopped counting by the 3rd quarter.

Whatever speed he did possess has certainly left him after 8 seasons in the NFL. So my question is, what does he bring to the table if he can't consistently wrap up tackles? We can all agree that he has ZERO upside.

I know, he had an interception. Bravo, Chase! But I believe a mannequin could have intercepted Weeden on that play.

If you disagree, feel free to tear me to shreds. But All in all, I just want what's best for the New York Giants.

Side note- Herzlich must be pretty awful if he can't dethrone Blackburn.
    Last edited by PBTimmons; 10-08-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    Chase Blackburn.

...He's a rather instinctive, relatively nonathletic football player. But I always gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was at-the-very-least- A sure tackler. Yesterday he missed 5 by my count...which I'll admit I stopped counting by the 3rd quarter.

Whatever speed he did possess has certainly left him after 8 seasons in the NFL. So my question is, what does he bring to the table if he can't consistently wrap up tackles? We can all agree that he has ZERO upside.

I know, he had an interception. Bravo, Chase! But I believe a mannequin could have intercepted Weeden on that play.

If you disagree, feel free to tear me to shreds. But All in all, I just want what's best for the New York Giants.

Side note- Herzlich must be pretty awful if he can't de-thrown Blackburn.
    I would say closer to 8. I agree with U but everyone will still reign the hate down on U. I like Chase i think he is a good guy to have as a back up but he shouldnt be an NFL starter. The Giants have made it very clear that MLB is the least important spot on the defense. There have been plenty of cheap upgrades available in FA and they havent bit
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 10-08-2012 at 09:23 AM.

Chase is also a smart player and knows the D and makes the right calls. Herz is probably not there yet.
    You count many missed tackles yesterday....Chase was far from alone on that.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I want Rivers to get healthy and play MLB.

He missed tackles on Trent Richardson. Antonio Pierce in his prime would miss a bunch of tackles on Trent too...

Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He missed tackles on Trent Richardson. Antonio Pierce in his prime would miss a bunch of tackles on Trent too...
    So its no big deal if the MLB is missing 5+ tackles?

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I want Rivers to get healthy and play MLB.
    Boley-Rivers-Kiwi line would be lights out. Then bring in Williams on 3rd and longs.

We could do better, but we definately could do worse at that position. We picked Chase off the couch last year week 12. He knows how to play the game, even though he lacks the quality speed / athleticism needed. He still makes big plays. I saw him have nsome solid tackles as well.

Veteran
    I also wonder what the deal is with Herzlich.. He looks slimmer and faster, but I think it's just another case of Coughlin riding with the veterens.. better player be damned

I have a feeling Blackburn is playing because he knows the defense and its the MLB's job to get the front 7 lined up correctly. I also think hes playing because Rivers is consistantly hurt. In addition to that, he apparently is practicing and playing better than anyone else so that's why hes in there. I trust out coach to do whats best for the team.