+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    god you hate THE BEST offensive coordinator ever in Giants history ... we scored 41 points

and teams this past week that were satisfied settling for long FGs to win instead of trying to advance the ball further, all lost, so while our execution at the end of Philly was poor (well poor from a concussed player) ... our attack mode strategy was spot on

in this league, if you take your foot off the pedal ... you lose ... if the D puts 8 or 9 in the box, you dont bang your head against the wall ... you take what they give

and finally, what has been pointed out a million times ... Eli changes plays ... helloooo, he's not one of these game manager QBs that has no choice but to run the play that is called
    spot on

ppl dont seem to understand KG's pass to setup the run...yeah, it means we'll have a few 3 n outs, but it also means that we're forcing the D to respect our ability to pass on any down, which in essence opens up running lanes. We prob went 3 n out that drive, but I'd bet we drove the field on the next one or at least had a few first downs with some good runs

and if anything im glad KG didnt go straight into a run run pass shell (see meadowlands meltdown 2)...we should be doing whatever the defense isnt set to defend all game, not just when we're in the lead. cleveland and other teams will keep stacking the box late in games when trailing if u dont threaten them with the pass, making the running game stagnant.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdip View Post
    When you run 3 times at least you take time off the clock and at least gain some positive yardage, throwing 3 in-completes helps the other team actually.

Isnt this common sense.

I didnt say run 3 times punt for the rest of the game but I was a little shocked than with a decent lead we threw 3 straight incompletions. Whereas we could have slipped in a run or 2 and throw on 3rd.
    no it isnt. u assume that running the ball magically gains us yardage. if the d is ready for the run, ur looking at no gain or loss of yardage, how many times do wee see that. kg passes to setup the run. he's constantly planning ahead and setting traps. the d has to drop their safeties off in coverage when we show we will pass on any down.

Funny thread really. Oh the team did something you wouldn't have done yourself? Shocker!!

I always assume that the OC and the teams knows a lot more about the situation that I do, sitting in my couch far from the game.

Second thing is, we are completing roughly 2/3 of our passes. So throwing 3 times when the defense is favoring run stuffing is actually a pretty solid idea. So even though it didn't work this time, it was a chance worth taking as I see it.

Finally, we are talking about the third quarter up by 17. Way too soon to be defending the lead. Didn't we score 25 points in the 4th quarter alone quite recently?