+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Revenge game

Bench Player

Revenge game

I am pumped for Sunday. Have been since last January. I am sure all of you are too.I respect the Giants a lot. Vicious defensive line. MVP level QB. Top 2-3 receiving core in the league. Also, love the history of our teams in big games. Walsh v.Parcells. LT. Montana and Jim Burt. Roger's fumble. TO clowning and Strahan pointing at scoreboard. Williams' fumbles. Bowman's non-fumble recovery. Love all of it. Even the bitter moments. Here is what I am looking for on Sunday.This all pretty basic at this point. These two teams know each other well.

- Niners have to get to Manning (this is big time no brainer). Manning proved last year he is tough as coffin nail. The Smiths have to put him down early and often. Niners DBs are smart fast group, but they can’t cover that receiving core forever.
    - Giants safeties and linebackers v. Vernon Davis. He cannot be totally stopped, but Giants cannot let him run wild.
    - Niners O-line v. Giants D-Line. Niners O-line is elite run blocking Unit. Vastly improved at pass blocking since you all have seen them last. Most of this is due to niners improved right side of oline. Staley has to contain JPP(lucky him). I assume Giants will try to bring pressure with 4 man front and rarely blitz. If niners can keep smith upright and get running game going they should be able to move ball pretty effectively.

Prediction, niners are mad and have had this game circled for quite some time. It’s at home. Niners playing like gangbusters last two weeks. Game is close for three quarters. Niners running game wears down Giants by the end of third quarter and takes over game. Niners 34-Giants 20. Then we see each other again in January when Giants are on hot streak and suddenly playing like 85 Bears. That’s when the Niners really need to prove they are championship team.
    Last edited by Dmh42; 10-10-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Banned
    In this game we need Eli Manning to take over early because our defense is garbage at this point. I am really hoping for our defense to wake up this week.
    Last edited by BuffyBlueII; 10-10-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Banned
    I respect your opinion......Vegas likes you by 6 not 14

Do not be suprised if you get blown out. The Giants are a very very dangerous opponent. If they bring their A game you are in big trouble.

Also you are hoping we do not bring the blitz, and that is irrational. Your QB is a game manger not a pinpoint passer.

The Blitz stops the run and allows us to disrupt what passing attack you posses.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I respect your opinion......Vegas likes you by 6 not 14

Do not be suprised if you get blown out. The Giants are a very very dangerous opponent. If they bring their A game you are in big trouble.

Also you are hoping we do not bring the blitz, and that is irrational. Your QB is a game manger not a pinpoint passer.

The Blitz stops the run and allows us to disrupt what passing attack you posses.
    He "managed" the niners to a 17-4 record in last two seasons. I will take that. The strength of the Giants is that they are able to manufacture pressure with four down lineman. If they can do that, they could force niners into being one dimensional. What you really should be worried about is niners running game. It's incredible right now. Mauling offensive line and stable of talented backs. The last two teams we have have played simply gave up by the fourth quarter. Of course I dont expect the Giants to that, but I think it will be enough for niners to take control.

Banned
    I can’t stand 49ers and I can’t stand their fans but I am not going to call Alex Smith a “game manager.” The guy is a good QB, a real good QB.

I wish JPP would just STFU and the rest of the defense would STFU and come up big this week.

No the revenge game was the NFC championship last year. Now it's even.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I can’t stand 49ers and I can’t stand their fans but I am not going to call Alex Smith a “game manager.” The guy is a good QB, a real good QB.

I wish JPP would just STFU and the rest of the defense would STFU and come up big this week.
    Buffy...wow, you surprised me. Yea, I tend to agree Smith is a good QB...you know leading the NFL in QBR AND QB Rating and all. I do agree with you that all players should just STFT and play this week..

Good luck to you and your team, in a non injury way, not a winning way....
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro

Banned
    you are going to get 7-8 in th box........forget running........you wont be able to

I don't see this as a revenge game. They could win 75-0 and I still won't be satisfied. Super Bowl or bust.

+ Reply to Thread