+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Strategy vs 49ers

Please Killdrive run the ball even if it is not getting huge chunks. If you get pass happy we loose this game.
    I know its hard for you to stop doing this but, plus it will protect eli, I repeat it will protect our Franchise QB!!

Stick with the run and take what they will give us and be patient and than take your shots when you have them.
    1 wild card is using Wilson like Saints use Sproles. Get him the ball on screens, swing passes etc. Delays counters etc. At least use him as a decoy at times. Give him 10 touches a game , I am sure Bradshaw could use a rest.

The 49ers team is so systematic I am actually envy of how they play and how they manage the game, they are old school and tough. The league maybe a passing league but their style proves you can win it old fashion way. Run the ball and stop the run.

On Defense please don't let Vernon get behind us again (Rolle) Give him some space as you cant run with him. 14 points were from him last year on bombs.

I assume we wont be getting a lot of sacks as Smith is a fast running qb and Fewel will be telling our guys to stay home and stand still like in every other game.

We need to gang tackle on run plays or its over for us.

Hopefully they fear us a little from last year in the back of there minds or better yet underestimate us based on this year.

Don't give up on the run, sure, but for the love of God, DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...

Umm if we think we're gonna "stick with the run" in this game and win we're wrong. If by the grace of god we can run the ball effectively great but its doubtfull. If you think we can win by running on first and second down and then asking Eli to win in obvious passing situations all day you're wrong. We need good early down production and to do that the ball needs to be in our best players hands.

Now this might be a game where the Defense decides to show up but if the same D that showed up these past 5 games shows up San Fran is gonna score a good amount of points which means we're going to have to do the same.

I expect an extremely close game.

also why is it everytime we have a decent opponent someone gets on here and says we need to play ball control? Its getting played out.
    Last edited by burier; 10-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Sheepdip, Giants have a high scoring powerful offense with a lot of talent. There are different types of defenses my friend. All 4 wr sets are not the same. All 3 wr sets are not the same. All two back sets are not the same. You can still run and still lose. Don't worry about passing the ball cause that will limit your offense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Don't give up on the run, sure, but for the love of God, DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...
    DO NOT revert to run-run-pass...
    revert to run-run-pass...
    run-run-pass...

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    lol

No more hating on KillDrive for me. I'm proud to call him Gilbride now, Eli and him are quite the team.

I'd say overall, don't agree with much there lol. Just my opinion though. More then ever PF will want the DL to pressure and get to the QB. Also think J Williams or Rivers will be hawking V Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    Perfect reaction to any questionable coaching decisions.

All-Pro
    I wonder how many teams give up on the run so quickly versus the 49ers. Look at the eagles game, they had what 15 yards in the 1st half, with your guys logic they would then abandon the run and go pass happy. Well it worked out for them to run the ball.

I didnt say run run and pass on 3rd. Mix it up of course but my point was dont finish the game with 50 passes and 10 runs and say our running game wasnt effective. !!