+ Reply to Thread

It would be nice to see a fired up Defense this week

I know there have been many injuries but they just don't seem to be playing with much intensity. This is a tough game where the Defense will have to play their best as points will be hard to come by with an injury plagued Giants offense. 49ers are not the 85 Bears or 86 Giants. They got smacked around a few weeks ago by the Vikings. They beat up on two basement dwellers the past few weeks. They are a good team with an average QB and a very good defense and running game. It would be a nice week for the Giant D to show up with a bad attitude, haven't seen that since last year. Just give Eli a chance in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I know there have been many injuries but they just don't seem to be playing with much intensity. This is a tough game where the Defense will have to play their best as points will be hard to come by with an injury plagued Giants offense. 49ers are not the 85 Bears or 86 Giants. They got smacked around a few weeks ago by the Vikings. They beat up on two basement dwellers the past few weeks. They are a good team with an average QB and a very good defense and running game. It would be a nice week for the Giant D to show up with a bad attitude, haven't seen that since last year. Just give Eli a chance in the 4th quarter.
    It definitely would be nice. Though I'm not sure it will happen until week 7. I think Canty's absence is having more of an impact than people realize. Line him up next to JPP, you can't doubleteam both of them. Line him up next to Tuck, those two synergize quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Would be nice for JPP to show up. He's been mostly invisible for 9 games now. (2 sacks in his last 9 game)

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    Some fire breathing would be nice to see. Don't hit JPP too hard though. He is working hard. A lot of double teams and chips and schemes to account for him. Besides, he plays his responsiblities. He could abandon run stopping Like Osi has, and just go for the glory of a sack. Chase is the cheer leader. Tuck is the speech maker. Right now we are definately missing the fire breathing, snot snorting, wild eyed force on defense. Who's it gonna be? Wish I knew.

All-Pro
    I would feel so much better about their chances in this game if the DL played like they did last year in the post season. As of now this unit has given up a huge scoring play in all but one game. The defense put the team behind early against Tampa and the Browns. The 49ers are way better than those teams and the players said they can not get behind like that this week.