+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Interesting stat about Alex Smith

Per ProFootballFocus, Smith averages 8.7 yards per attempt when not under pressure. When under pressure, that number drops to 3.8. "That 4.9 yards difference is the second highest in the league."

Safe to say our greatest chance of winning lies behind the pressure that our d-line can generate.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck&rolle View Post
    Per ProFootballFocus, Smith averages 8.7 yards per attempt when not under pressure. When under pressure, that number drops to 3.8. "That 4.9 yards difference is the second highest in the league."

Safe to say our greatest chance of winning lies behind the pressure that our d-line can generate.
    If only the defense shows up. Can you provide a link?
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 10-11-2012 at 12:43 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If only the defense shows up. Can you provide a link?
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ations-week-5/

Not exactly sure if that's is going to be a link, but there's the URL. Scroll down to San Fran to see what I was talking about, but the whole thing is worth a read.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ations-week-5/

Not exactly sure if that's is going to be a link, but there's the URL. Scroll down to San Fran to see what I was talking about, but the whole thing is worth a read.
    That's fine, just keeps us honest

I am hoping the defense returns to it's 2011 playoff form on Sunday
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran

Might be because it's still a 1 read offense where he resorts to checking down right after. He's been in the league for a while now, you'd think they would take the diapers off him and let him be a big boy out there....but then again they did let him test the FA market which shows they believed they can win without him.

The stat I like is that the 9er's are almost dead last in defending punts. I took this from the Giants vs 9'ers scouting report.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-f944fd99be60

I can see David Wilson returning one to the house this time

Quote Originally Posted by BeatYale View Post
    Might be because it's still a 1 read offense where he resorts to checking down right after. He's been in the league for a while now, you'd think they would take the diapers off him and let him be a big boy out there....but then again they did let him test the FA market which shows they believed they can win without him.
    In before the 49ers fans chime in "but...but...he has the highest QBR!"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue wins View Post
    The stat I like is that the 9er's are almost dead last in defending punts. I took this from the Giants vs 9'ers scouting report.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...c-f944fd99be60

I can see David Wilson returning one to the house this time
    Randle returns punts. Wilson returns kickoffs. Perhaps Randle will break one. He has had some nice returns in the punt game as well.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Quote Originally Posted by repeatchamps View Post
    Randle returns punts. Wilson returns kickoffs. Perhaps Randle will break one. He has had some nice returns in the punt game as well.
    how beautiful would it be to get a td on all three sides of the ball.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    In before the 49ers fans chime in "but...but...he has the highest QBR!"
    Beat me to it!
    "As of today (after watching houston against the jets), the 49ers are easily the best football team in the NFL. Easily."

A quote from one of YOUR die hard Giants Fans:

CDN_G-FAN
    All-Pro