+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 106

Thread: Stevie Brown you did great in ur 1st start- now do it again

  1. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Depends on the race. Wilson is more of a darter, but may not have great top end speed. Da'Rel Scott on the other hand is a slower smooth acceleration guy who has frighting top end speed.
    I've been watching football for 40 years and never saw anyone get from the 40 yd line to the end zone faster than Wilson did last Sunday........incredible

  2. #92
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,724
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I was reffering to DeSean Jackson from your favorite team Buddy
    4.35, and he didnt run at his proday. Its likely that he is signficantly faster than that. I mean they do only get two attempts, and if they dont start well that day, or have a cold, or whatever, it could really affect the times they put in.

  3. #93
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,724
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    I've been watching football for 40 years and never saw anyone get from the 40 yd line to the end zone faster than Wilson did last Sunday........incredible
    Should have seen Chris Johnson play a couple years ago back when he was good.

  4. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    4.35, and he didnt run at his proday. Its likely that he is signficantly faster than that. I mean they do only get two attempts, and if they dont start well that day, or have a cold, or whatever, it could really affect the times they put in.
    Like Kendall Wright. That guy sure is faster than his 4.61 NFL Combine time. No one impresses me more in the NFL though than Megatron when it comes to pure athleticism.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Should have seen Chris Johnson play a couple years ago back when he was good.
    I'm just really happy Wilson plays for us and not some other NFC team

  6. #96
    You can't put both TD's completely on Brown, Infact I'd say he was less to blame then some of the other culprits:

    TD1- Giants were in a Tampa 2 zone, Brown was forced to stay on on top of the TE who was the first receiver to break open in his zone while Webster played shallow underneath. Meanwhile Gordon was on the complete other side of the field only to have his route drift back over to Browns side of the field. However at the time of the throw it was clear Blackburn and Rolle had picked up responsibility

    TD2- Webster wiffed on a jam at the line which in turn did not give Brown enough time to get over the top. Also although Webster was in a trail technique, he was still in man and needed to stay tighter with Gordon.
    Last edited by juice33s; 10-10-2012 at 11:19 PM.

  7. #97
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,584
    Lol. So what we have learned here is that saying Wilson runs a 3.9 is ridiculous and we've all been had. This has to be a joke. Well played. By the way, Brown admitted he was at fault for the 1st TD.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    You can't put both TD's completely on Brown, Infact I'd say he was less to blame then some of the other culprits:

    TD1- Giants were in a Tampa 2 zone, Brown was forced to stay on on top of the TE who was the first receiver to break open in his zone while Webster played shallow underneath. Meanwhile Gordon was on the complete other side of the field only to have his route drift back over to Browns side of the field. However at the time of the throw it was clear Blackburn and Rolle had picked up responsibility

    TD2- Webster wiffed on a jam at the line which in turn did not give Brown enough time to get over the top. Also although Webster was in a trail technique, he was still in man and needed to stay tighter with Gordon.
    thats how i saw it and why i said i fault rolle some too. he didnt have any wr challenging his responsibility aside from gordon really. but it was just a good play call that caught us in a tough spot

  9. #99
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,724
    It's not his responsibility for any underneath routes that break free. His job is to be the deepest defender at all times on his side of the field. So that play is entirely his fault.

    The 2nd TD his angle to the receiver/ball was wrong. That was his play to make, and he was close enough to make it.

  10. #100
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,724
    I made a mistake, I said it was Trindon Holliday who was teammates at florida with Demps, it was Chris Rainey.

    Rainey ran a 4.45 at the combine, which makes it even more ridiculous.

    As Mayock said, the rumors say Rainey raced Demps and beat him twice.

    So a player who ran 4.45 at the combine is faster than a guy who won an olympic medal for running. Id say Rainey more likely runs sub 4.3, perhaps closer to 4.2. But just ran poorly at the combine. His proday time was a 4.35, which is better, but still slow for someone who is olympic sprinter fast.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts