+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 106

Thread: Stevie Brown you did great in ur 1st start- now do it again

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Turnovers are more valuable than allowing the offense to score? Really? Then why even bother playing defense. Every time the other team scores you get the ball back too.

    And I've talked to an nfl DB. We know for a fact that Brown was responsible for both of the browns passing TDs
    With turnovers they DO NOT SCORE Einstein

  2. #42
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,369
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    Your so full of it ......I cannot continue this conversation


    even another NFL DB could not tel you what eh defensive assignments are unless he is on the filed playing for that team
    even the guys on the field get it wrong
    And you are wrong. You can clearly see what all the players are doing, and who is supposed to be doing what. Why do you think teams break down film? as a big joke? Or because they can actually tell what play call it is? I take it you have never watched coaches tape in your life.

    I get that you like Philips but we are doing fine without him, thank you very much
    Gave up just under 300 yards passing to a rookie QB with awful WRs who drop everything. But yea, great defensive performance.

  3. #43
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,369
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    With turnovers they DO NOT SCORE Einstein
    And if Brown does what he is supposed to do THEY DO NOT SCORE. And even more shockingly, if a player actually does what he is supposed to do, he can STILL get a turnover.

    Getting a turnover is absolutely never an excuse for making an error that allows the other team to score. NEVER.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    so Stevie gets his INTs because he is in the wrong spot and the balls just bounce his way........I'll take it

  5. #45
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    39,369
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    so Stevie gets his INTs because he is in the wrong spot and the balls just bounce his way........I'll take it
    No, the interceptions he got he was in the proper position. But that does NOT make up for him being in the wrong position and costing the team 14 points.

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,093
    This guy has been banned on multiple occasions and his ability to make new threads was also taken away. Why must these terrible threads be allowed?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    This guy has been banned on multiple occasions and his ability to make new threads was also taken away. Why must these terrible threads be allowed?
    why must you read them, and make your imgrate comments?...........are you like a moth drawn to the flame

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Are you not the one who was on a tear about Bradshaw last week and how he should sit?
    thats 1000000000x better than claiming weeden would outplay eli lmao
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 10-10-2012 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    KP had 4 INTs last year and 1 the year before

    Brown is averaging 1 per game ..........thats why, plus he is a much more punishing tackler

    If you want to knock DBs for being out of position.........the list will be from here to the moon

    If you want to citicize him, then at least give him his due for the things he does right
    brown has done admirably and surpassed expectations. he's good in the box, but is a liability in coverage when askng him to perform the role KP usually does which is being the center field, sideline to sideline safety.
    i knew brown would have issues in coverage when he should have made an int that KP does easily on a late pass that sailed from vick and brown couldnt make a play on the ball.
    however, with such little game time, to expect him to replace KP without any difference in play isnt realistic, and brown certainly could improve in coverage.

    that said, its awesome brown stepped up, he could potentially be a Grant type safety for us. lookin forward to this guys future. solid backup at worst to potential starting caliber safety

  10. #50
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,046
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No, the interceptions he got he was in the proper position. But that does NOT make up for him being in the wrong position and costing the team 14 points.
    Not to take the interception away from him, but say Sash had been playing, he could have made the same play. Anyone could have picked up the fumble. The 2 TD's he allowed where big mistakes. Again, I think he is filling in ok, but he did not have a great game and when KP is healthy he is a much better player.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts