+ Reply to Thread

If Tom Coughlin & Co. are going to build "the bridge", it happens next Sunday

If the goal is to show the NFL that the Giants are in fact dynasty-quality, I can't think of a better regular-season statement game than at the 49ers.

This game plays into alot of the emotional stuff that Giants have fed on since 2007...... a road game against a supposedly superior opponent; the consensus around the league that the Giants are far from being the best team in the NFL, etc.

Something tells me this defense - Tuck especially - is going to bring it's "A" game and remind everyone who the current Super Bowl Champions are.

Alex Smith is calling this game "unfinished business".

Time for the Road Warriors to build the bridge.

I'm hoping it happens THIS Sunday

Sounds good to me man, I think we can definitely do it.

The last 2 times we played them in their stadium we beat them and we had a very close loss.....I don't see how it would be such an upset for us to win.

I also believe this is the game the d-line comes alive. Maybe it's wishful thinking, or maybe it's that they know they are underperforming. And what better way to show it by beating a team that prides themselves in the trenches.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Banned
    I can see the headline now- Stevie Brown picks off Alex Smith 3 times and 49rs blame Smiths finger injury

The best quote from TC today.....

The 49ers have their own motivation. Kyle Williams, the 49ers returner who turned the ball over twice in the NFC title game, admitted he wants to "get back" at the Giants, via the Sacramento Bee. As Williams explained, "We look at it as if they have something that we should have had."

Coughlin's response: ""New year, new time, two new teams. We earned everything we got last year."