+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruh-roh, Marty B.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous. What on earth could you base such a statement on? Other than a few Wildcat plays, Kaepernick has done nothing to show that he is a starting NFL QB.

Do you think that Harbaugh is starting Alex Smith over Kaepernick even though Kaepernick gives them a better chance to win?

The Giants would do cartwheels if Kaepernick started this game.
    Is that what I said or the other guy said? I would
    1)Sit down
    2) Take a pen and a breather and a piece of paper
    3) Re-evaluate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Is that what I said or the other guy said? I would
    1)Sit down
    2) Take a pen and a breather and a piece of paper
    3) Re-evaluate.
    well u should be able to understand why theres confusion. by saying u'd rather face smith than kapernick, ur implying kapernick is the better qb

any update to the thread> did MB practice today?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    any update to the thread> did MB practice today?
    He didn't. I don't even think he showed up to practice. Says he's planning to play on Sunday though, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Is that what I said?
    Eh, you said that you would much rather face Smith than Kaepernick, compared Smith to Mark Sanchez, stated that Smith has had nothing to do with SF's recent success and said that to call him average would be "generous". In light of those statements, to now say that you think Smith is a better QB than Kaepernick makes no sense whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    well u should be able to understand why theres confusion. by saying u'd rather face smith than kapernick, ur implying kapernick is the better qb
    Not necessarily, he could be saying that Kaepernick would be a worse matchup for our defense. But I think Smith would play better against the Giants. Think Tony Romo, agile and, as of late, accurate. Cam and Vick, your prototypical running QBs, didn't have ridiculous stat lines against us.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Not necessarily, he could be saying that Kaepernick would be a worse matchup for our defense. But I think Smith would play better against the Giants. Think Tony Romo, agile and, as of late, accurate. Cam and Vick, your prototypical running QBs, didn't have ridiculous stat lines against us.
    So it would be a worse matchup for us to face a QB (Kaepernick) who is not as good as a QB (Smith) that, according to the poster, is: (1) average at best; (2) is comparable to Mark Sanchez; and (3) has had nothing to do with SF's recent success?

As I said in a prior post the Giants would be absolutely ecstatic if Kaepernick started this game.
    Last edited by GMENAGAIN; 10-11-2012 at 10:44 AM.

Alex Smith is the starter because he's a better QB.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Eh, you said that you would much rather face Smith than Kaepernick, compared Smith to Mark Sanchez, stated that Smith has had nothing to do with SF's recent success and said that to call him average would be "generous". In light of those statements, to now say that you think Smith is a better QB than Kaepernick makes no sense whatsoever.
    Your response was after I said nothing other than Kaepernick would be a nightmare for our D and I'd rather face Smith than him. Not any of the other stuff. Saying that Alex Smith was not a terribly good QB and giving reasons to why I feel that way has absolutely nothing to do with my initial comment, and was said AFTER you called me first response ridiculous.
    You seem to be grasping at straws at this point. At no time did I say Kaepernick was a better QB, I said he would be a nightmare for our defense because we have trouble matching up to his style historically.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Your response was after I said nothing other than Kaepernick would be a nightmare for our D and I'd rather face Smith than him. Not any of the other stuff. Saying that Alex Smith was not a terribly good QB and giving reasons to why I feel that way has absolutely nothing to do with my initial comment, and was said AFTER you called me first response ridiculous.
    You seem to be grasping at straws at this point. At no time did I say Kaepernick was a better QB, I said he would be a nightmare for our defense because we have trouble matching up to his style historically.

I'm grasping at straws? Eh, ok.

Let me put my explanation is simpler terms for you. Your statement that Kaepernick would be a "nightmare" for our defense is ridiculous.

Is that a good enough explanation for you?

+ Reply to Thread