+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I believe in the Black Unicorn.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    no?

who is their back up ?
    I'd much rather play Alex Smith than Colin Kaepernick! That guy would be a freaking nightmare for our D compared to Alex Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    I'd much rather play Alex Smith than Colin Kaepernick! That guy would be a freaking nightmare for our D compared to Alex Smith.
    Something I actually agree with you on. +1

That is a ridiculous statement.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Please do explain?

Calling Alex Smith average would be very generous of me. Not saying the guy hasn't improved, because he has. But to think that he has had much at all to do with their recent success is ludicrous. He's literally surrounded by some of the most talented players in the league at almost every position. Think Mark Sanchez 2009 vs Mark Sanchez 2012 for a comparison. It's pretty much the same thing yet reversed.

Colin Kaepernick granted doesn't have the pro experience obviously, but his style of play is something that we simply don't match up well to in recent history.

How is it ridiculous?

Please do explain?

Calling Alex Smith average would be very generous of me. Not saying the guy hasn't improved, because he has. But to think that he has had much at all to do with their recent success is ludicrous. He's literally surrounded by some of the most talented players in the league at almost every position. Think Mark Sanchez 2009 vs Mark Sanchez 2012 for a comparison. It's pretty much the same thing yet reversed.

Colin Kaepernick granted doesn't have the pro experience obviously, but his style of play is something that we simply don't match up well to in recent history.
    I think what he's trying to get at is, Kaepernick and Newton are a similar breed of football player and this team handled Newton just fine.

I could be wrong though.........

#80 get well soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    How is it ridiculous?
    The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous. What on earth could you base such a statement on? Other than a few Wildcat plays, Kaepernick has done nothing to show that he is a starting NFL QB.

Do you think that Harbaugh is starting Alex Smith over Kaepernick even though Kaepernick gives them a better chance to win?

The Giants would do cartwheels if Kaepernick started this game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant stuck in Texas View Post
    I think what he's trying to get at is, Kaepernick and Newton are a similar breed of football player and this team handled Newton just fine.

I could be wrong though.........
    I disagree about them being too similar, I know what you're saying but Cam plays disciplined and a lot of the stuff he does with his feet is designed and called before the snap. Whereas Kaepernick is a backyard football, broken play play maker kind of QB who also has a heck of an arm. Those are the kinds of players we traditionally have trouble with...Especially when we aren't getting pressure.

Veteran
    The idea that Kaepernick is a better QB than Alex Smith at this time is ridiculous.
    Is that what I said?