+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Veteran

a look at the 49ers wins + loss

GB - Ran the ball as a team 14 times and that includes Rogers scrambling 5 times, basically they ran by design 9 times. ???
    Lions - Ran the ball 26 times and 2 were with Stafford scrambling, 8 point loss.
    minny - ran the ball 30 + times, ball control time of possession nothing deep and WIN.
    Jets- ran the ball 17 times and a couple were from Tebow. Blowout loss
    Bills - ran 19 times with the QB 2 times. Blow out!!

Run the ball 30 + times seems like the logical thing to do. The running game doesnt have to yield 4 -5 yards a carry to be effective.
    Thats what I would do, force our will and be just as physical, send a message. Maybe that will inspire our Defense that seems to be a sleep at times.

I remember years back playing in Pitts and our team came out really physical and we beat them. This to me seems like the same type of game.

Veteran
    Run to not only wear them down and control the clock but also to open up some deep balls off of play action.

All-Pro
    The defense can not let up huge scoring plays like they have in all but one game so far though. If they get behind they will abandon the running game. The defense has to play better.

Guy...Minni has a better defense than we have so they can play that style. We have to score the ball early and often or we lose unless that defense suddenly shows up which we've all been waiting for all season.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

We won't be winning or losing this game based on how our offense performs. Its our defense that needs to stop their offense. We are averaging 30.4 points a game right now, I firmly believe our offense can score on any defense in this league. Yes consistent balance is a must I agree, but our defense can not give up big plays. If they do, we lose the game.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    We won't be winning or losing this game based on how our offense performs.
    Tampa game?

Teams run the ball more when they have the lead. Obviously the teams who run the ball the most will have the closest score or the lead

Easier said than done. Minny ran it 30+ times because they have AP, and AP ran it well. We can run it 30+ times, but how successful would that be?

That said, I agree that we have to at least run the ball to keep the defense honest. We shouldn't abandon it just because we are not averaging 4.5 yards a carry. The longer we keep that defense on the field, the better.

Veteran
    The key to winning is defense, our defense has to show up and play well. If our defense allows the 49ers to score a lot of points then it will be hard to catch up against their defense. If it's a low scoring game like it was during the playoffs then we have a good chance of winning. Keep in mind that we are the underdogs so that should help.

I agree, the way to beat the 49ers is to run at them all game. With that said, it's not an easy thing to do especially with them playing at home. It just doesn't happen. If the Giants want to win this game they're going to have to stop our run game first because the 49ers like to milk the clock which will keep Manning on the sidelines. The 49ers for some reason didn't run as much against the Vikings and it cost them.