We can't really afford to run the ball as much as the Vikings did since they have a top 5 RB. I understand AP isn't exactly up to 100% health just yet but he's still one of those players who can make any defense look stupid. We need to rely on our strengths in the passing game with Cruz and Nicks (hopefully) and sprinkle in the runs when we can.
2014 Giants Mock (Extra 3rd from Nicks FA comp)
1. Khalil Mack, DE/LB, Buffalo
2. Zach Martin, G/C, Notre Dame
3. Donte Moncrief, WR, Ole Miss
3. Louchiez Purifoy, CB, Florida
4. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
5. Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State
6. Jeremy Hill, RB, LSU
The only two times I remember the 49ers abandoning the run was against the Giants in the NFCCG last year and against the Vikings this year. Guess what? They lost both games. The strength of this team is the running game. They run the ball like no team in the NFL.