We can't really afford to run the ball as much as the Vikings did since they have a top 5 RB. I understand AP isn't exactly up to 100% health just yet but he's still one of those players who can make any defense look stupid. We need to rely on our strengths in the passing game with Cruz and Nicks (hopefully) and sprinkle in the runs when we can.
3/25/14 - Updated Mock with 5th round comp pick
1. Anthony Barr, Defensive End, UCLA
2. Marcus Martin, Center Guard, USC
3. Anthony Johnson, Defensive Nostril Tackle, LSU
4. Marcel Jensen, Offensive End, Fresno State
5. Wesley Johnson, Offensive Any Guard, Vanderbilt
5. Aaron Colvin, Defensive Halfback, Oklahoma
6. Storm Johnson, Guy Who Runs With Football, UCF
The only two times I remember the 49ers abandoning the run was against the Giants in the NFCCG last year and against the Vikings this year. Guess what? They lost both games. The strength of this team is the running game. They run the ball like no team in the NFL.