+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 62

Thread: a look at the 49ers wins + loss

  1. #21
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    They trailed 21-3...guess what? They still ran the ball!
    They ran the ball 25 times. Including an Alex Smith run. They passed the ball 33 times.

  2. #22
    We can't really afford to run the ball as much as the Vikings did since they have a top 5 RB. I understand AP isn't exactly up to 100% health just yet but he's still one of those players who can make any defense look stupid. We need to rely on our strengths in the passing game with Cruz and Nicks (hopefully) and sprinkle in the runs when we can.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    That is my point. They run the ball because they dont trail in games.

    The one time they were playing all game from behind, they did not run the ball.

    Somehow you are saying this exact thing, but dont believe it. Which is odd. Teams run the ball when they feel comfortable, either their defense is playing great and the game is very close, or they are comfortably in the lead. When they are behind, they press and throw the ball more. Can see this with nearly every team every week. Especially with run first teams.
    True, teams that are trailing pass more than run. I know that..But, they do this only in the 4th quarter, Or if the run game isn't working, Or they are trailing by a million points like the Bills were. The 49ers are not like any team in the NFL. They RUN, RUN, RUN...That's how they play football..Trailing 7-0 to the Vikings in the first 5 minutes of the game is not why they abandoned the run.

  4. #24
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    The 49ers are not like any team in the NFL. They RUN, RUN, RUN...
    They run run run because they are the one team who is never trailing. Put them in games where they are playing from behind often, and I bet you they go pass pass pass!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They ran the ball 25 times. Including an Alex Smith run. They passed the ball 33 times.
    Ok, so there you go....34 pass plays(not including the sacks) to 25 running plays..That's almost a 50/50 ratio. Does that sound like a team that was trailing 21-3 at halftime?

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They run run run because they are the one team who is never trailing. Put them in games where they are playing from behind often, and I bet you they go pass pass pass!
    I just told you. The Eagles game last year. On the game winning drive it was Frank Gore that carried them down the field for the go ahead TD. Not Alex Smith's arm.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I just told you. The Eagles game last year. On the game winning drive it was Frank Gore that carried them down the field for the go ahead TD. Not Alex Smith's arm.
    what a shocker

    run gore all night.........mr 9 yds per giants game LOL

  8. #28
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Ok, so there you go....34 pass plays(not including the sacks) to 25 running plays..That's almost a 50/50 ratio. Does that sound like a team that was trailing 21-3 at halftime?
    And they went pass heavy until they were caught up, then proceeded to go run run run! Compare their 3rd quarter where they ran the ball like 4 times, to the 4th, where they ran the ball like 12 times, including 5 times on the final posession when they were killing the clock. They were pass heavy that game by far

  9. #29
    The only two times I remember the 49ers abandoning the run was against the Giants in the NFCCG last year and against the Vikings this year. Guess what? They lost both games. The strength of this team is the running game. They run the ball like no team in the NFL.

  10. #30
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,572
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I just told you. The Eagles game last year. On the game winning drive it was Frank Gore that carried them down the field for the go ahead TD. Not Alex Smith's arm.
    Frank Gore got the ball twice on that drive... Smith twice that...

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts