+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: a look at the 49ers wins + loss

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    And they went pass heavy until they were caught up, then proceeded to go run run run! Compare their 3rd quarter where they ran the ball like 4 times, to the 4th, where they ran the ball like 12 times, including 5 times on the final posession when they were killing the clock. They were pass heavy that game by far
    You saw the ratio..
    But trailing 21-3 in the third and trailing 7-0 with 10 min in the first quarter are two different things. How could you say they abandoned the run because they were trailing 7-0? You obviously don't watch 49er football.

  2. #32
    we would prefer you run all night

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Frank Gore got the ball twice on that drive... Smith twice that...
    What about Kendall Hunter?

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by BParcells777 View Post
    we would prefer you run all night
    If this happens its not a good sign.

  5. #35
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    You saw the ratio..
    But trailing 21-3 in the third and trailing 7-0 with 10 min in the first quarter are two different things. How could you say they abandoned the run because they were trailing 7-0? You obviously don't watch 49er football.
    They were pass heavy that entire game! Not including the final posession where they were icing the clock, they had 33 passes to 19 runs. Thats nowhere near 50/50, or what the 49ers usually do.

    Look at this season for comparison, 161 running plays to 95 passing plays.

    They are a run heavy team because they can afford to be. If they are playing from behind, which is very rare, they become a pass heavy team. The stats are all there for you to see.

  6. #36
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    What about Kendall Hunter?
    Once.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They were pass heavy that entire game! Not including the final posession where they were icing the clock, they had 33 passes to 19 runs. Thats nowhere near 50/50, or what the 49ers usually do.

    Look at this season for comparison, 161 running plays to 95 passing plays.

    They are a run heavy team because they can afford to be. If they are playing from behind, which is very rare, they become a pass heavy team. The stats are all there for you to see.
    Lets start over...You said the 49ers went against their usual gameplan because they were trailing the Vikings 7-0, right?

  8. #38
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,195
    Also vs. the Saints in the post season. Very pass heavy that game despite being ahead early. 42 passes to like 20 runs.

  9. #39
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    35,195
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Lets start over...You said the 49ers went against their usual gameplan because they were trailing the Vikings 7-0, right?
    every game the 49ers have been behind in they pass far more than they run.

    You said they run more than anyone else, and they do, because they are never behind.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    every game the 49ers have been behind in they pass far more than they run.

    You said they run more than anyone else, and they do, because they are never behind.
    Yes, but trailing 7-0 is not a reason to come out and pass 10 out of 13 plays. That's not 49er football.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts