+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: a look at the 49ers wins + loss

  1. #11
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I agree, the way to beat the 49ers is to run at them all game. With that said, it's not an easy thing to do especially with them playing at home. It just doesn't happen. If the Giants want to win this game they're going to have to stop our run game first because the 49ers like to milk the clock which will keep Manning on the sidelines. The 49ers for some reason didn't run as much against the Vikings and it cost them.
    They didnt run as much because they were playing from behind all game!

    When teams get the lead, they sit back and run the ball more, when they are behind they pass more.

    People have such trouble with this cause and effect thing.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They didnt run as much because they were playing from behind all game! This is very simple.

    When teams get the lead, they sit back and run the ball more, when they are behind they pass more.
    That's not true. They came out throwing and never looked back. They weren't trailing by enough to abandon the run.

  3. #13
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    That's not true. They came out throwing and never looked back. They weren't trailing by enough to abandon the run.
    They came out throwing because they were down 7 nothing early in the game.

    All this stuff about teams who run the ball 30+ times win most of the time is nonsense. Teams who are winning the game run the ball more.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They came out throwing because they were down 7 nothing early in the game.

    All this stuff about teams who run the ball 30+ times win most of the time is nonsense. Teams who are winning the game run the ball more.
    That's not why they came out thowing. Trailing by seven? C'mon man.

  5. #15
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    That's not why they came out thowing. Trailing by seven? C'mon man.
    How many times have the 49ers been playing from behind this season? Think about it.

    They do not know how to play when they are behind, they immediately start going to the pass and try to regain the lead or tie, where they settle back down and start running.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    How many times have the 49ers been playing from behind this season? Think about it.

    They do not know how to play when they are behind, they immediately start going to the pass and try to regain the lead or tie, where they settle back down and start running.
    I watch every snap of every game. Sometimes I rewatch the games 2-3 times. They run no matter what. Unless it's two minute drill or they are trailing by alot which hasn't happened it two years.

  7. #17
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I watch every snap of every game. Sometimes I rewatch the games 2-3 times. They run no matter what. Unless it's two minute drill or they are trailing by alot which hasn't happened it two years.
    let me ask again, which games have they been playing from behind this season.

    Ill wait.

  8. #18
    Frank Gore 12 carries
    Kendall Hunter 4 carries...That's not 49er football....

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    let me ask again, which games have they been playing from behind this season.

    Ill wait.
    They don't trail in games, but what's your point? They're still going to run the ball...

    Here you go...Going back to last season they only trailed by 10 or more once and that was vs the Eagles in 2011, week 4..They trailed 21-3...guess what? They still ran the ball!
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-10-2012 at 06:49 PM.

  10. #20
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    38,206
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    They don't trail in games, but what's your point? They're still going to run the ball...
    That is my point. They run the ball because they dont trail in games.

    The one time they were playing all game from behind, they did not run the ball.

    Somehow you are saying this exact thing, but dont believe it. Which is odd. Teams run the ball when they feel comfortable, either their defense is playing great and the game is very close, or they are comfortably in the lead. When they are behind, they press and throw the ball more. Can see this with nearly every team every week. Especially with run first teams.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts