+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 62

Thread: a look at the 49ers wins + loss

  1. #41
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Yes, but trailing 7-0 is not a reason to come out and pass 10 out of 13 plays. That's not 49er football.
    On the other hand, maybe it is, considering we have only seen them trailing in two games, and both of those were pass heavy.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    On the other hand, maybe it is, considering we have only seen them trailing in two games, and both of those were pass heavy.
    They have trailed by 7 points in plenty of games, but trailing by 7+ in the 4th quarter with little time remaining and trailing by 7 after the first drive are two completely different scenarios. The point is, the 49ers had a gameplan against the Vikings and that was to pass heavy from the get go. It didn't work, because Alex Smith can't carry the team all by himself, he needs the running game to be working...With that said, teams don't shut down the 49ers run game, but when they do the 49ers have a hard time. That's how the Giants win this game. Shut down the running game. I'll give them a 10% to do so, which means i'll give the Giants a 10% chance of winning.
    Last edited by SF49erfan; 10-10-2012 at 06:20 PM.

  3. #43
    The Giants will not run the ball 30+ times this game. That would be playing right into the 49ers hands. They want to get us into a clock control game, because nobody can beat them in a clock control game.

    As good as the Giants running game has looked lately, that was against the Browns, not the best defenses in the league. It's important to establish some run game to keep pressure off of Eli, but the only way the Giants will win this game is to score early and often using the passing game. We need to get ahead and force Alex Smith to throw the ball, a lot. Their run game and defense are too good when you get down. They're probably the hardest team in the league to come back on. We need to sling it effectively and make Alex Smith get into a shootout with Eli. That's the only way we win this game. Our best player is named Eli Manning, not Adrien Peterson. We can't play the Vikings game and beat the Niners.
    Last edited by crossouttheeyes; 10-10-2012 at 06:18 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by crossouttheeyes View Post
    The Giants will not run the ball 30+ times this game. That would be playing right into the 49ers hands. They want to get us into a clock control game, because nobody can beat them in a clock control game.

    As good as the Giants running game has looked lately, that was against the Browns, not the best defenses in the league. It's important to establish some run game to keep pressure off of Eli, but the only way the Giants will win this game is to score early and often using the passing game. We need to get ahead and force Alex Smith to throw the ball, a lot. Their run game and defense are too good when you get down. They're probably the hardest team in the league to come back on. We need to sling it effectively and make Alex Smith get into a shootout with Eli. That's the only way we win this game. Our best player is named Eli Manning, not Adrien Peterson. We can't play the Vikings game and beat the Niners.
    I expect Eli to throw the ball 50+ times in this game. The 49ers secondary is much improved this year so we'll see...As long as Eli doesn't throw INTs this should be a close game. I think he will throw a couple so I have the 49ers winning 30-14.

  5. #45
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    They have trailed by 7 points in plenty of games
    except that they havent. They have not been trailing in a game at all this season apart from the Vikings game.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    except that they havent. They have not been trailing in a game at all this season apart from the Vikings game.
    It's only five games, so I'm talking about last season too. They trailed the Bills 3-0..Lions too I think.

  7. #47
    He's definitely gonna be throwing it 40+ times. I believe Eli and the Giants passing game has improved since our last meeting and I don't expect anything but a close game. The 49ers know how to force turnovers, but I don't see Eli throwing any picks in this game. He knows that any mistake against this 49ers team will probably be fatal (plus Manningham is now on the opposite sideline running the wrong routes :lol. I expect this one to go to the bitter end. These two teams are in my opinion the class of the NFC, and neither of them will go down lightly.

    This is becoming a nice rivalry in the NFC and I have great respect for this 49ers team and their fans. Good luck on Sunday and hopefully we can steal another one from you guys at Candlestick.

  8. #48
    Having Bennett is the reason why the passing game has improved. I can't wait to see how the 49er cover him.

  9. #49
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    34,040
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Having Bennett is the reason why the passing game has improved. I can't wait to see how the 49er cover him.
    The pass blocking is the difference, Bennett is nice, but has not been a major factor the past couple weeks.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    Having Bennett is the reason why the passing game has improved. I can't wait to see how the 49er cover him.
    past 2 weeks we've asked him to do a lot more blocking. he still has made several catches tho. and i was a lil surprised bc i thought bennett may have helped ease the nicks loss but dont really know

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts