+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Manningham to share Eli intel with 49ers

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    ??? Yeah of course.

If this was a "Mario Manningham is a crappy reciever" thread I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would disagree and if I felt compelled I'd argue my case but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Not speaking of you specifically but I think we're going a bit beyond goofing on a guy's football IQ when we're talking about how the man communicates at a press conference. "Duh Eli make good throw...yada yada" Is the next thread gonna be about how Brandon Jacobs stutters?

Its a bit tacky and its certainly not funny.

Considering that the guy helped us to a championship I think us fans owe him a little more than that.
    The rationale I had when posting to this thread was that Manningham's reputation while with the Giants was that he was not the best route-runner and had well-documented trouble with the playbook. So when the guy who had trouble with the playbook is reported to be filling in his new team about the playbook, it's kind of funny. I don't see any harm in poking some fun with that...the exception being that if he truly has a learning disability, I would feel bad about poking fun about it.

??? Yeah of course.

If this was a "Mario Manningham is a crappy reciever" thread I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would disagree and if I felt compelled I'd argue my case but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Not speaking of you specifically but I think we're going a bit beyond goofing on a guy's football IQ when we're talking about how the man communicates at a press conference. "Duh Eli make good throw...yada yada" Is the next thread gonna be about how Brandon Jacobs stutters?

Its a bit tacky and its certainly not funny.

Considering that the guy helped us to a championship I think us fans owe him a little more than that.
    I'll be glad to admit that some of the jokes probably do go over the "football to real life" line and having Harbaugh call him little guy was sort of tasteless on my end. Still, the idea of MM giving football intel is just too hilarious to me and other people apparently to not comment on.

Everyone has different views on the subject and I'd equally criticize and make jokes about Eli if someone asked him for advice on sliding with the football.

He was diagnosed with a 6 on his wonderlIc. My 11 year old daughter can score higher than that.
    The Wonderlic doesn't just measure intelligence and learning ability. Behavior is a big part of the test as well and I'd say such a certain subject is more about one's personal perception of the world around them than cold hard facts.

Edit: Is it in fact confirmed that MM has a legit learning disability? If that is the case, I just find it hard to believe we would draft someone with a disability to be apart of this type of offense.
    Last edited by TheEnigma; 10-10-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Mario is too dumb to know what Eli is thinking anyway, thus why he isn't here

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    The man has got to know his limitations. - Dirty Harry
    No one remembers who came in second.

Wow. I must say there's a shocking level of disrespect for a guy that made a ton of plays for us when he was here and happened to be on the recieving end of the greatest throw in Superbowl history.

I'm all for jokes and everything but the tone of this thread is in poor taste.
    Fair enough, but if you said Plax or toomer or cruz or nicks were going to share intel, I'd be a lot more concerned.

For all his talent, and he has a lot I hope MM never struck you as a thinkin man's receiver.

Good thing he never understood the offense. Don't get me wrong, I loved Manningham when he was here and I honestly hope he does well in San Fran (just not against us), but reading defenses and book smarts aren't his thing.

And I wouldn't be worried about Plax giving intel to an opposing team about Eli. The man shot himself in the leg, how smart can he be?

Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    The rationale I had when posting to this thread was that Manningham's reputation while with the Giants was that he was not the best route-runner and had well-documented trouble with the playbook. So when the guy who had trouble with the playbook is reported to be filling in his new team about the playbook, it's kind of funny. I don't see any harm in poking some fun with that...the exception being that if he truly has a learning disability, I would feel bad about poking fun about it.
    Other than a bunch of mindless chatter on the MB, I know of no "documentation" regarding MM's comprehension of the playbook.
    Get well soon 80.

manningham intel?

maybe he can speak of all the wrong routes he ran, or broke off, leading to interceptions? there's a reason he was #3, and why he was not retained.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGFaninILL View Post
    According to 49ers press confrence with NY media via Twitter.

Also, when asked about holding a grudge against his former team he says "no" but it will "motivate me"

What's with all this Manningham hate in this thread?

The guy was nothing but a good Giant, dimwitted at times, but he did more good than bad. He didn't go to a rival team or anything, he just signed with the 49ers because that was the best move for him. I personally like the guy as a person and a player and hope he does well in San Fran (not on Sunday though).

Quote Originally Posted by B-Red22 View Post
    Thats not why hes not here. Money and a fleet of young talent at wr is why hes not here.

+ Reply to Thread