+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    Riiiiight. The person making the joke at someone elses expense insists that its alllll in good fun.

I'm gonna go ahead and rebuke this thread as a peace offering to the Football Gods. They're pretty fickle and this thread is already good enough land someonelse from the Giants roster on IR. David beat Goliath from a moral high ground.
    Probably a bit harsh but I think you're one of the last people to preach about speaking right about football players.

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    I don't think it's funny at all. How bout if you guys end up having a slow kid? Think it'll be funny for people to poke fun at em? Don't think I'm gonna sympathize with any of you. Karma is a ***** and it has no time limit.
    Just chill man! Just good clean fun...Trust me I have a few "slow" family members myself!!
    ALL IN!

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Probably a bit harsh but I think you're one of the last people to preach about speaking right about football players.
    I'm not sure I follow
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

well i will say one thing, if eli says "west go go" or "east go go", a bubble screen is a coming. he used that cadence last year a few times in the playoffs, and I heard him say it vs Cleveland before throwing a bubble screen that failed

Quote Originally Posted by burier View Post
    I'm not sure I follow
    Do you not constantly criticize certain players on this team for their lack of ability or their miscues on being in position on the defensive side of the ball? In my defense, I'm only criticizing MM for his lack of football knowledge of the playbook just like I do with Osi when he doesn't keep his containment. If other people read more into my statement than my original intentions, oh well. It seems like some people are taking a moral issue with this when it's just purely a football thing.

Do you not constantly criticize certain players on this team for their lack of ability or their miscues on being in position on the defensive side of the ball? In my defense, I'm only criticizing MM for his lack of football knowledge of the playbook just like I do with Osi when he doesn't keep his containment. If other people read more into my statement than my original intentions, oh well. It seems like some people are taking a moral issue with this when it's just purely a football thing.

I sir found it to be funny and I knew what you meant and it wasnt attack on him being slow as a every day person,but his football intelligence.
    ALL IN!

I don't got it in me to make fun of people with learning disabilities... that's low. Manningham should just be quiet. It's better to be thought of as dumb than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. I'm not gonna hang around this thread though to belittle someone trying to make myself feel better about myself.
    I didn't realize Manningham had a learning disability. What was he diagnosed with? If true, I apologize for my comments...I just thought he had trouble learning the playbook...

??? Yeah of course.

If this was a "Mario Manningham is a crappy reciever" thread I wouldn't have a problem with it. I would disagree and if I felt compelled I'd argue my case but I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Not speaking of you specifically but I think we're going a bit beyond goofing on a guy's football IQ when we're talking about how the man communicates at a press conference. "Duh Eli make good throw...yada yada" Is the next thread gonna be about how Brandon Jacobs stutters?

Its a bit tacky and its certainly not funny.

Considering that the guy helped us to a championship I think us fans owe him a little more than that.
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yoeddy View Post
    I didn't realize Manningham had a learning disability. What was he diagnosed with? If true, I apologize for my comments...I just thought he had trouble learning the playbook...
    He was diagnosed with a 6 on his wonderlIc. My 11 year old daughter can score higher than that.
    Last edited by BurnerNYG; 10-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.

He was diagnosed with a 6 on his wondering. My 11 year old daughter can score higher than that.
    Maybe he didn't use a #2 pencil?