+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eli Manning leading the league in DYAR

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    As of today the MVP award would go to Ryan. I think right now Eli deserves it but the media is pushing Ryan every week. I'm not saying the media hates Eli. I'm saying the media is just really big on Ryan right now. Honestly if Ryan gets the award good for him. I'll take another Super Bowl MVP for Eli. I'm sure he would too.
    I personally don't care about league records and awards-- as if it's some great way to brag to your friends that a guy on the team you root for got the MVP.

I want it for Eli. Because he deserves, he's by far the most indispensable player on the team, and he's a great leader and person, too.

u know, with the way eli's always asked if he feels like he can gloat to his brother about having that extra sb and his response being "well peyton has the league mvp's so it kinda evens out" (to that extent), maybe winning the league mvp is actually a goal eli might wish to reach. who knows, but he has certainly played at an mvp level imho.

he really is just dominating defenses...even the losses, the offense has been lethal aside from some costly mistakes. and thats w/o nicks. i dunno i could see eli getting a ton of media attention when we win in SF off his arm

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    i could see eli getting a ton of media attention when we win in SF off his arm
    Your lips---> God's ears

I'm actually watching the replay from the CLE game and man, o, man, do we have an embarrassment of riches for Eli to throw to

Quote Originally Posted by TheBookOfEli View Post
    His numbers will most likely go down as the season progresses. Bad weather and tough schedule will do that, even to the best QB's.
    People said that last year too and his numbers didn't drop that much towards the end of the season.

he wont be able to win league MVP without a TD celebration move ... maybe he can come up with something during the BYE week later on
    Apologize to Melo 5

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    he wont be able to win league MVP without a TD celebration move ... maybe he can come up with something during the BYE week later on
    He has one...just hasn't used it yet...except on SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    It will take 5000+ yards 35+ Tds, & a 65+ completion % for eli to even be considered over the poster boys of the NFL. Eli winning the league MVP is a pipe dream
    I agree. The Giants wont have the best record so that wont help him. Eli would need the Giants to have the number 1 seed and have those crazy numbers to win. even then they would give it to JJ Watt

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    It will take 5000+ yards 35+ Tds, & a 65+ completion % for eli to even be considered over the poster boys of the NFL. Eli winning the league MVP is a pipe dream
    Every year that passes he is more and more involved in that conversation. Especially this year. I wouldn't call it a pipedream.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    When will you guys learn, Eli will Never win an MVP. Too much media hate out there.
    I Remember Eli when he was a little Doe.......Now he is a full grown BUCK ! He can an will achieve MVP!

NYG Super Bowl Champs

+ Reply to Thread