+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    isnt he about on pace for all of those stats though?
    yup. and so far, the usual "poster boys" havent had mvp like seasons up to the 1/4 at all...rodgers, brees, arent having as good as seasons as eli at all. guess up to this point, competition will be between eli, ryan, brady, and maybe ben and peyton...then again guys like aryian foster could end the streak of mvp being qbs...
    and i wasnt really serious with the "mvp mvp mvp" chant i know its way too early. the stat tho just signifies to me who the mvp would be bc of the metrics it measures, and technically eli is leading the nfl in it so...

Quote Originally Posted by crossouttheeyes View Post
    DYAR is a stat footballoutsiders.com made up to show the positive or negative impact of a player on their team over time. It takes into to account league averages and plays are assigned a point value based on their importance. I'm not going to explain the whole statistic here, they have a link on their website, but it's an interesting stat that may be the best way to measure how much a player helps his team win or loss. Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win. I just thought you guys would find this interesting.

Article that mentions Eli is leading the league: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...5-dvoa-ratings

Article Explaining what these stats mean:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods

just being curious, does your username have anything to do with the band Thursday?

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    just being curious, does your username have anything to do with the band Thursday?
    Yes it does, one of my favorite bands of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    When will you guys learn, Eli will Never win an MVP. Too much media hate out there.
    This simply isn't true. There's overwhelming support throughout the national media for Eli Manning, especially after last year, though it was going on while he was playing well last year. Skip Bayless is one of the only morons that gets national air time that I see saying incredibly inaccurate things about Eli Manning.

The stats are part of the consideration. But ultimately, it tends to be (but not always) awarded to the QB on the team with the best record...

If he leads us to 13-3 or something he could seriously win it. The respect is (finally) there now.

DYAR is a stat footballoutsiders.com made up to show the positive or negative impact of a player on their team over time. It takes into to account league averages and plays are assigned a point value based on their importance. I'm not going to explain the whole statistic here, they have a link on their website, but it's an interesting stat that may be the best way to measure how much a player helps his team win or loss. Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win. I just thought you guys would find this interesting.

Article that mentions Eli is leading the league: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...5-dvoa-ratings

Article Explaining what these stats mean:http://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/methods
    "Eli Manning is currently leading the league in the stat which means according to football outsiders he's been the most effective QB in the NFL through 5 weeks at helping his team win." Good info. However, I do not need to see any stats to come to this conclusion. All I have to do is just watch the Giants games. This justifies it for the ones who still do not believe in Eli. (By the way, I used to be one of them and I came around not because of any stat but because of Eli's resilience, toughness and calm demeanor in a crisis situation.)

Only MVP I care to have Eli win again is the SB MVP! Really, why do any of you worry about individual season awards? Let Brees, Rogers, Brady win those. Let the 49ers, Falcons send 10 players each to the Pro Bowl. I want our team in the Super Bowl!

Banned
    The amount of clutch talk and 4quarter time is Eli's time on the SNF game vs the Eagles almost made me sick. It was every other sentence that michaels and collinsworth spoke. It's like they were trying too hard.

That means my eyes aren't lying!
    No one remembers who came in second.

All-Pro
    As of today the MVP award would go to Ryan. I think right now Eli deserves it but the media is pushing Ryan every week. I'm not saying the media hates Eli. I'm saying the media is just really big on Ryan right now. Honestly if Ryan gets the award good for him. I'll take another Super Bowl MVP for Eli. I'm sure he would too.