+ Reply to Thread

Happy with some new Hakeem news

My cousin shot me a text last night with some hopeful news. He's extremely close with the ownership of the organization and has been hearing since the Bucs game that Hakeem should be out until the Skins game. That being said, I know there have been some early reports that he may be coming back for this game. Just so happens he's ahead of schedule and the org feels he will be making the trip to San Fran and playing in the game. He capped off the text with a pic of his next game cleats.

Hakeem.jpg
    Hakeem sticking to his UNC roots, per Jordan haha.

Oh those are noice.....i hope he plays man we NEED him

All-Pro
    Well if we at least have him out there at all even as a decoy it would take some of the pressure off the other WRs cause SF would have to account for him.. so its a win win even if its just half or less of the normal snaps and he is not going full out
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Those cleats look enormous. Must be like a size 15

All-Pro
    if he is not quite 100percent, id say leave him in NY. if we lose 3-3 is not so bad if we were to know we would have a 100 percent nicks staring with the Skins game. still a long season ahead and Id hate to have him come back just a little to soon to try and play in this game and lose him for even longer. As we all know the giants just have to get in the playoffs. and losses during the year to tough teams in the past has not detoured them from making playoffs and beating those same teams when it counts most.

Exps: 07--- lost to 13-3 #1 Seed Dallas twice
    07--- Blown out by #2 Seed GB
    07--- Lost epic battle to NE last game of season

11--- Lost to #2 Seed 13-3 SF
    11--- Lost to #1 Seed 15-1 GB
    11--- Beat NE.. (Lol only Glitch..Haha)

so i am not as much concerned with losing to SF (as long as we have a half way decent showing) then i am with bringing Nicks back to soon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I believe the Giants wouldn't risk playing him if they knew there was a possibility of a set back during the game. If he gets clearance, its because he's game ready. And if Hakeem is game ready, we allllllllll know what he can do, and also what that does for Cruz. No double teams = twice as many weapons for us. If the play cover 2....all the more opp for slot or Bennett.

Nicks and Cruz are both very physical receivers on the line. The 9ers play very aggressive press coverage within the first 5 yards. The Packers, Jets, Bills, and Vikings do not have a physically overwhelming receiver that can compete on the line with their receivers. The Lions have Calvin...who caught over 100 yards against their defense, because he's a physical freak. The reason Harvin is so solid is because of how they use him, not because of how overwhelming he is on the line.

Thankfully for us we have 2 very physcial receivers who don't mind press coverage at the line. Although Cruz is small...his legs are so strong and quick that he won't have an issue with Rogers in single coverage. We all know what he did to him last year and I think Cruz is more focused then ever.

Nicks on the other hand is just a freak. He's extremely physical and doesn't drop anything. His foot was an issue during the Cowboys game so we did not see him at 100%. But with almost a month of rest, the foot should no longer be a lingering issue. Obviously his knee does raise concern, the R&R should have done the trick for that. Atleast we all hope. If his knee is solid for this game, Cruz and Nicks should cause some issues for the 9ers secondary...as they do for every other secondary haha.

With as good as the 49ers defense is, its the good because of their front 7. Yes Rogers was an all pro and their secondary is still pretty good. But once the Giants hammer the ground a bit and cause their defense to stop the run, Eli is gonna let it fly. And when that happens, I think we will expose their secondary and establish our offensive dominance.

Ponder, Fitzpatrick, Sanchez, Stafford (having an off year), and Rodgers (in an offense thats out of whack for GB) all aren't competing or seeing the field the way Eli is right now. Eli is on another level and I can not wait for this game.

if we play him, then it's b/c he's ready to play, we've been very cautious with him

and i'd love to have him this week, since he really cant be covered and is always a threat to take it to the house
    Apologize to Melo 5