+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bummer!!!

I say Giants win 8-9 games.

You would think 9ers fans would be humble as to how bad their team has sucked until last year.

The simple fact is that most niners fans still believe the Niners "gave" the Giants the NFCC game last year. They forgot about the hand that purposely reached in and knocked the ball out on the final punt return and they still don't give the Giants credit for the game they played. I am sure the players probably feel the same way, similarly to how the Packers think they gave the Giants THAT game last year. Funny how that just keeps happening- teams keep giving away games to the Giants.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    I think if the Giants lose this game it does mean something. This would put you guys at 3-3 and an 0-2 division record. Don't act like you wouldn't be worried about making the playoffs.
    i wouldn't be worried. Really.

We were 6-2 last season then lost 5/6 and looked bad doing it to drop to 7-7. How'd that season turn out? If they pulled it together at with only 2 games remaining last yr and made playoffs and won SB why would I be worried after six games with 3-3 record when we still have ten games left to make up ground?
    Last edited by miked1958; 10-11-2012 at 08:01 PM.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    You would think 9ers fans would be humble as to how bad their team has sucked until last year.
    The 49ers went from laughing stock to juggernaut in such a short time. Most fans don't know how to handle it. The new fans that didn't experience the Montana/Young era are the one's that are ****y because they're not used to winning.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    i wouldn't be worried. Really
    Just remember, you guys were 6-2 when we played you guys last year. That's alot different than 3-3 with already two division loses to boot. The Eagles and Redskins are much improved this year. With the schedule you guys have coming up I would be worried.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGiant View Post
    The simple fact is that most niners fans still believe the Niners "gave" the Giants the NFCC game last year. They forgot about the hand that purposely reached in and knocked the ball out on the final punt return and they still don't give the Giants credit for the game they played. I am sure the players probably feel the same way, similarly to how the Packers think they gave the Giants THAT game last year. Funny how that just keeps happening- teams keep giving away games to the Giants.
    You're right. That last Williams fumble was a good play and a heads up recovery. The fumble that hit his knee is what bothers me most. That and the early whistle on Bradshaw's NON-fumble.
    You guys straight up owned the Packers. I don't know what makes them think they gave away the game.

That's just football man, players make mistakes, injuries happen, etc. Trust me as a Giants fan we have endured similar difficult losses-I seem to remember a playoff game and a missed pass interference call on a botched FG pass attempt that was even admitted by the league after. Maybe it's karma.

Just remember, you guys were 6-2 when we played you guys last year. That's alot different than 3-3 with already two division loses to boot. The Eagles and Redskins are much improved this year. With the schedule you guys have coming up I would be worried.
    They have a tougher task....they have to play the Giants.......tough games only make us stronger.....we are 53 men deep

and we are 3-2, about to go 4-2..........then 6-2

There is a theme to this

All-Pro
    we will be 0-2 in our division regardless if we win or lose Sunday. U just made a good point we played u in week 9 last season and lost. We are playing u in week 6 this time... Plenty of time for either team to build after this game
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

+ Reply to Thread