+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bummer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SF49erfan View Post
    You're right. That last Williams fumble was a good play and a heads up recovery. The fumble that hit his knee is what bothers me most. That and the early whistle on Bradshaw's NON-fumble.You guys straight up owned the Packers. I don't know what makes them think they gave away the game.
    well why should giants be blamed or called lucky cause your punt return guy doesn't know any better then to get out of the way when a ball is bouncing? He blew it end of story. We were there to make a heads up play and recover
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I for one consider this game very important for the Giants to win, just in case we finish with the same record as the 9ers, we would get the HFA in a playoff game. Don't really care to play a 4th game at their house. That's pushing your luck. Much rather they have to come to freezing cold Met-Life in late Jan. See how well they cope with the freezing temps.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    well why should giants be blamed or called lucky cause your punt return guy doesn't know any better then to get out of the way when a ball is bouncing? He blew it end of story. We were there to make a heads up play and recover
    I never said you guys were lucky. This is like the 10th time a member of this board put words in my mouth.

I never said you guys were lucky. This is like the 10th time a member of this board put words in my mouth.
    Better than what most San Francisco-ans are usually putting in their mouths . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Better than what most San Francisco-ans are usually putting in their mouths . . . . . .
    Hey-OOOH!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Okay sorry, maybe it was it per say. But the SF fan base in general has been saying that the giants LUCKED OUT. They were LUCKY to win and they cant wait to get a 2nd shot at us. I just dont see it. It was a Chess match with both teams pounding each other and it was going to be the first team that made a mistake that paid the price. And it was your team on your home field that cracked first. The first one was kinda sorta lucky that the bouncing ball touched his knee. but that is the definition of someone cracking under the pressure of a Tightly fought battle. You guys cracked we didnt. i dont call it luck. and the 2nd one in OT was just a good play by J. Williams on the tackle poking the ball out and again one of our guys on the spot to make the recovery. Again not luck.

Want to know what luck is. Luck is when your team is up 27-20 last year in 4th quarter and have the giants at 4th and 2 inside your 20 yard line with under a minute left and your DB or LBer doesnt get called for holding/PI to extend that drive. Ballard was mugged.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

pretty sure it was ballard. maybe someone can look that play up and post it here. Refs make bad calls... also the bradshaw play from lasts years nfccg

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    pretty sure it was ballard. maybe someone can look that play up and post it here. Refs make bad calls... also the bradshaw play from lasts years nfccg
    It was Ballard, he was running a quick slant looking route from what I remember and P.Willis had his hands all over him. Their DT Smith had a good play to knock the pass down anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by BMW View Post
    You would think 9ers fans would be humble as to how bad their team has sucked until last year.
    thats what happens with a lot of fanbases in all sports. Their team is in the toilet and irrelevant for many years, then all of a sudden their particular team turns it around and make the playoffs. Merchandise sales go up, everybody seems to be wearing the caps. jerseys etc., and all of a sudden you have "fill in the team" fans coming out of the woodwork.

It was something when the Pats went on their run after 2001, it seemed there were Pats fans everywhere. The same goes for the Saints and the Rangers in baseball.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

I'll be back to rub it in your face.
    That's fine. We will give you this one. But, We will be back to beat you again in your house at the NFC Championship game again. If you do not believe me, ask the Packers.

+ Reply to Thread