+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hope we lose...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I would like to see them on defense 1st as well. Make a stand and force a punt. Then follow it up with a score. Then before the half add more points to their lead with them getting the ball to start the 2nd half. The make sure they score to start the 2nd half.
    lol I wish for this every single game, what nfl fan wouldn't?

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    the coin toss.

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like over the past few years, about 90% of the time we get the ball at the start of the game, we don't get a TD and it feels like 75% of the time we don't even get any points at all.

Why do we keep doing this?? I know you want to start the game aggressive and put points on the board but let's face reality, our offense usually doesn't start clicking until the third or fourth series. I say we let our D go out there first, make a huge stop (a bold statement considering how we've been playing on D lately), and get some momentum on our side.
    I agree. I think though if we deferred to 2nd half and the niners came right down and scored a TD on their first drive it would be very deflating. Although a 3 and out by the offense is just as bad...

but honestly when i say the Title of your Thread I thought it was going to be be along the Lines of not wanting to blow the Karma we have had from 07 and 11 with these teams where we lose during regular season and beat em in playoffs. We had lost twice to dallas in 07 and knocked em out in first round, were blew out by GB in 2nd game of that year and beat em in nfccg and lost to NE in that epic final reg game of that season only to come back and beat them in SB. in 2011 we lost to both GB and SF and returned the favor in playoffs. That way we had that underdog revenge factor the 2nd time around with something to prove rather then the other way around. Now i know we finally broke that with our win over NE in Reg season last yr and then still beating them in SB. Not sure now i feel about this as i know 3-3 would not knock us out of the playoffs by anymeans but with the 0-2 div start and the tightly packed nfce, the tough upcoming schedule we need all the wins we can get right now...
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

t
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    And why is it that when we DO win the coin toss we elect to receive. I would defer if I were a HC...
    I believe it's because we don't trust the defense to be able to stop anybody
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

In the days of Lawrence Taylor we did defer because our defense would stop them cold
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I think its just the way TC does things. If you win the toss you take he ball 1st because your offense is supposed to move the ball and score and when it's the defenses chance they are supposed to stop the other team. I get the feeling thats how he coaches and doesn't try to over think. Let the units do heir job and it will end in a victory. It makes sense actually. That's why he is a 2 time Super Bowl winning coach.
    Last edited by Buddy333; 10-11-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    the coin toss.

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like over the past few years, about 90% of the time we get the ball at the start of the game, we don't get a TD and it feels like 75% of the time we don't even get any points at all.

Why do we keep doing this?? I know you want to start the game aggressive and put points on the board but let's face reality, our offense usually doesn't start clicking until the third or fourth series. I say we let our D go out there first, make a huge stop (a bold statement considering how we've been playing on D lately), and get some momentum on our side.
    We got the ball first in Carolina and didnt let up.

+ Reply to Thread