+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

49ers sit Jacobs

Brandon Jacobs irked by his San Francisco 49ers role

If you had Week 6 in the Brandon-Jacobs-Expresses-Disillusionment-With-His-Current-Team pool, well, feel free to break into your signature victory dance.

Jacobs has yet to play a game for the San Francisco 49ers this season after suffering a knee injury during the preseason. The running back didn't sound thrilled about that reality as he discussed the 49ers' Sunday matchup against the New York Giants, the team with which he won two Super Bowl championships.

Read More...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by GMan-67 View Post
    knowing how Harbaugh is, Jacobs will dress this week and get a series, at least

figuring Brandon will be highly motivated

watching them vs. the Jets and using Kapernick far more effectively than the Jets use Tebow ... i felt that was a shot at the Jets ... now, of course, since it worked so well it is part of their scheme, but back to the point

expect Jacobs to dresss Sunday
    Yeah I wasn't expecting otherwise... I agree on the 49ers using schemes and players to basically mock their opponents, so I wouldnt be surprised to see him dress for the game (nor would I be surprised to see him trade uniform numbers with CJ Spillman for one week either)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

49ers have some great backs though, not sure how much he will get. Gore and Hunter are their 1-2 for sure.

5trive for Fiv5

I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.

I said it when he left for the 49ers, he will not be big contributor there. They have perhaps the deepest backfield in the league, that is without without him.

Gore and Hunter are a very good pair and people forget they also drafted Lamichael James. I expect BJ to be the last guy off the bench before season's end and the 49ers will regret spending that extra 500k over us on BJ.

I understood why MM left, he is young and had every right to pursue a bigger contributing role coming off a career highlight in the superbowl. But BJ? No, he did not leave for a good reason. He left the biggest market in the world, where he was loved and adored, over 500k in pay. 500k that he would have easily earned back in his lifetime via local endorsements which may possibly be in jeopordy now. Personally, and professionally that was a bad choice on his part.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I love me some HIxon, but he is not in the same category of playmaker as Harvin.
    ???? I think you wandered into the wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    LOL, what?

Why was the title of this thread changed to make it seem like Jacobs is sitting this week when the article says no such thing?

boy is he pissed that he signed with them