+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can 49ers slow down Giants' passing attack?

Can 49ers slow down Giants' passing attack?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/c...ing?source=rss

Excerpt: "Something looks askew with the 49ers' defensive rankings, and it's not that they lead the league with the fewest points allowed per game.It's that their pass defense is ranked No. 2 in the NFL, five spots better than their more renowned run defense, at least in terms of yards surrendered.The 49ers' defensive backs have no time to take a bow, however. Eli Manning and the New York Giants are coming to town Sunday."The first time I played (Manning), he threw a touchdown on me," second-year cornerback Chris Culliver said. "In my mind, that won't happen again." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

no

Veteran
    Well they keep 2 safeties back to prevent big plays pretty often, which will make it difficult to get big plays on them. It's why we threw so many short passes to RB's and TE's last year in both games against them.

I'd be very happy if we could play the short passing game and be successful moving the chains thus taking time off the clock and keeping the
    49ers offense on the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I'd be very happy if we could play the short passing game and be successful moving the chains thus taking time off the clock and keeping the
    49ers offense on the bench...
    That is right. Only moving the chains take time off the clock or enough of it anyways.

I think we have a very savvy WR group and great depth, if Nicks plays you can run out some very impressive tallent in a 4 WR set, I just don't think they will be able to cover everybody! short passes eventually open up opportunites for the long stuff, we get them cheating up and Eli will burn them; the value of having some exceptional experience!

[QUOTE=gumby74;528253]No, but we have to at least run the ball enough to keep them honest. If we drop back to pass 50 times, i think we'll lose big. Eli's gonna get killed if that happens.[/QUOTEdid you realize that D Line is having just as much trouble getting to the QB as we are?
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If Nicks is healthy = no
    Else, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    No, but we have to at least run the ball enough to keep them honest. If we drop back to pass 50 times, i think we'll lose big. Eli's gonna get killed if that happens.
    THIS.

The offense will have to keep the 49ers D on their toes. If they can't run the ball, play action will be borderline useless. They will need to break a long run or two to keep the keep the safeties peeking in the backfield and close to the LOS.
    “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.”
    ― George Carlin

+ Reply to Thread