+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nicks: Friday will be "defining day" on return

Nicks: Friday will be "defining day" on return

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-day-on-return

Excerpt: "The replacement receivers have done a wonderful job filling in for Hakeem Nicks during his three-week absence. At times, their big games have made the drop-off hard to notice.

But there’s just something undeniably special for the Giants about having Nicks on the field with the offense. And the 24-year-old receiver knows it, too.

“Definitely. We all know that,” Nicks said on Thursday. “We all know what I can bring to the table when I’m out there. Right now it’s just a matter of making sure I’m able to compete at the highest level when I’m out there. It’s just a matter of me taking care of my body.

“(Friday) will be the defining day.”

Whether or not Nicks can practice on Friday will likely define whether he’ll be able to play on Sunday when the Giants (3-2) travel to San Francisco to face the 49ers (4-1) in a rematch of last season’s NFC championship game. Nicks tested out his injured right foot and left knee in practice on Thursday for the first time in two weeks. And while Tom Coughlin said he “moved around OK,” Nicks said he was very limited and was just hoping to get a feel for his conditioning level." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    I was saying something like this earlier today. Hopefully he wakes up tomorrow with no swelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    I was saying something like this earlier today. Hopefully he wakes up tomorrow with no swelling.
    I hope so, but am really more concerned about Bennett playing on Sunday.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

All-Pro
    Yeah well that's why Monday I started a thread saying I hope Bennett was ok. I know he finished the game, but he was limping. The next day was probably a rough one for I'm and now he said he messed some things up in his knee. Hopefully he is good to go as well.

I hate it when a player talks about himself like "we all know what I can bring to the table". Just STU and play..do NOT be TO or Chad "whatever his name is now". Get on the field and show it with your play. HN could be special..but stay ON the field and earn it! Go Hakeem!!

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    I hate it when a player talks about himself like "we all know what I can bring to the table". Just STU and play..do NOT be TO or Chad "whatever his name is now". Get on the field and show it with your play. HN could be special..but stay ON the field and earn it! Go Hakeem!!
    He's never earned the right to say that. It's not like Jerrel Jernigan came out and said that.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Who are you talking about?

The following Thursday, the 24-year-old returned to practice, but the next morning his knee was swollen. He believes that happened because his body was “compensating” for his still-hurting foot.
    __________________________________________________ _______

funny. wasnt this exactly what i said? and i sourced ralph v as well. but then u get ppl with "sources" who tell a poster he really tore his pcl or some garbage...lol. not hating on tuckandrolle at all i found it amusing and the guy seemed genuine. its just i dunno, i wouldnt trust a source when that source is contradicting the actual reality of a situation ie nicks and the giants saying the knee swelled bc of compensating for the ankle...not bc he'll be out until bye week lok or bc he tore anything...

its a relief bc een if he misses SF, he'd def play the next week. as i also said, bc it was what the giants said, he wasnt gonna return unless he was 100%, so the fact he's even this close to potentially returning tells me even if he misses SF he'll be ready soon

All-Pro
    We beat Pats last yr in regular season at NE without Nicks and Bradshaw
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

*fingers crossed*
    “Fall down seven times, get up eight.”

+ Reply to Thread