+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fan Base Power Rankings: Giants are "Middle of the Pack"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...s-bills-on-top

The Giants and Jets get knocked mostly for factors out of their control. The New Jersey stadium creates a small disconnect with the team and it's not a great home crowd for either squad. The Giants are a bigger deal, but neither team can unite New York City. It's more of a baseball town. If the Knicks were good, it might be more of a basketball town. The team doesn't mean quite as much to the community it calls home. Sorry.

My favorite piece here of this "superb" article:

No team has a stronger connection to its fans than the Packers. They are smarter and more loyal. They demand better coverage. It's a lifestyle.

I didn't realize that they had tests out there to measure the intelligence of the different fan bases.

I love how they have the Saints at the very top.
    Nobody cared about the Saints until after Katrina.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I love how they have the Saints at the very top.
    Nobody cared about the Saints until after Katrina.
    It's the inconsistency of the writer's criteria that gets me. He puts Colts fans in the middle because of a college basketball team but then ignores the fact Louisiana overall is more of an "LSU" fanbase than a Saints fanbase.

It's just a very bad article overall.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

The Jets fans get the place rocking, and it's very noticeable and obvious. We do not, and it's not close.

Not saying that they're better fans or a better team, but denying what I said is futile. They are MUCH louder and rowdier

Take the article for what it is: Some guy got bored and decided to write about NFL fan bases

Probably because most Jets fans are neanderthals.

Banned
    That's probably because they play in Jersey. Basketball will definitely be more popular in NY if the Knicks were any good but with that said, now with Brooklyn having a team, NY is definitely more excited for the basketball season to begin. I think there are more football fans on the outskirts and Upstate but in the 5 Burroughs... I believe basketball and most definitely baseball got the city on lock. People will run up to Melo before they run up to Osi and probably even Eli. I live in CT but like I said in the past, my roots are in NY having a father from Harlem and 2 sisters born in Queens. I'm in New York right now writing this text... Port Chester but NY nonetheless.

At this point, we desrve that ranking. Nobody we have beaten nobody in 2012.

They should have ridden with the team down the canyon of hero's, Think NY showed their colors!

The gift and curse of living in large market. The Giants bring in just as much money as any other team in the league and they have to share half of the market with the Jets.At the same time, it helps keep games from being ultra-ridiculously expensive. The Jets are too low on that list, they get MetLife rockin'. Reason? Much younger average fanbase. It's cyclical, in a few years the younger Giants fans will be loud and raucous. This article is a pathetic attempt at journalism being that it's based solely on assumptions and opinion. With that being said, I don't really care where our fan base ranks. Not many people are as knowledgeable about their team as Giants fans are, but we get little credit because football has always been a rural game. People think that because we hail from the biggest city in the world and not some plain in Texas that we know nothing. Which, like most other things, is not the case.