+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Why so much hate for niner fans?

Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Veteran

Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.

They are extremely arrogant.
    I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.
    I thought we had something special!!!

Then hate the bandwagon, not this team specifically...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Bench Player
    I was wondering the same thing.....and I've been a Niners fan since 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    They are extremely arrogant.
    I don't hate them, but they aren't the friendliest. I guess that's every fanbase..including ours.
    There is some truth in that. I just feel so wrong trash talking a legit respectable team to such an extreme... Saying that you're rooting for our GMEN is perfectly fine, but acting like SF has less of a soul than Philly just doesn't feel right...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by drewz View Post
    Because most of their fans are bandwagon jumpers that didn't give a damn about the team a year and a half ago.
    ...and BTW, I can't completely disagree with that. I wouldn't say most, but alot of younger fans never paid attention to the Niners until they started being relevent again last year.

I don't like those fans any more than the rest of you do. Those are also the guys who beat up on opposing fans at Candlestick because the "thugs" can get in with the cheap tix in the old place.

Hopefully the new stadium in a better neighborhood with much more expensive tickets and SBLs can eliminate the thug factor.

Just another fanbase to me. They're certainly much better than their cross-the-bay neighbors. I actually think it's quite interesting how big of an online following they have compared to other teams with so many of them coming here to talk with us.

Philly fans are life unworthy of life. Raider fans I stay away from if they're in large groups. Other than that, I'll give any individual on any fanbase the benefit of the doubt...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Most of the SF fans I know in real life are truly nice people, even when football is the topic of discussion. Hell, the niners were my 2nd favorite team in the mid 90s. Yeah that was mostly because they broke up the cowboys 3-peat, but still... the organization as a whole is fairly respectable. Yet some of the comments I read on here look like they should be directed to the soulless fanbase in Philly... Why so much hate?
    No hate,we love the 9er fans. Now go tell them.
    No one remembers who came in second.