+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chunky Soup

Chunky Soup

Did anyone see the alternate version of the Campbell's Chunky Soup commercial with Cruz?

WOW, is there some head-scratching stuff.

For those who didn't, after she gives him the crappy soup, VC's mother -- who is dressed as the Giants "mascot" -- runs away and trips over a camera man (I'm sure Antrel doesn't find that very humorous).

And after his mother falls, his late grandmother -- who was hiding in the helmet -- falls out and says "hi" to him. Double ouch.

What the hell are they thinking showing that? Not so much the first part with the camera man. But isn't that insensitive to air that now that she died?

All-Pro
    There aired it prior to her passing away. Well before the Rolle incident and they have been running it every week since.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I saw that too - thought it very odd, I can only hope that's something they cleared w the family first.
    Last few avatars: Nicks, Bradshaw, Jacobs - who's the next future ex-Giant

Veteran
    those commercials were recorded many months ago. Contracts were signed. It would be cold hearted of Campbell's to keep running the ad if the Cruz family aasked them to stop. Of course they might enjoy seeing her in the commercials.

I love chunky soup lol

Question.....which thread subject, currently on the MB, is the most meaningless? This one....or the Fanbase Power ranking one?

Are we really this bored?

edit....I found another thread on the smack talk forum that can be added.....the one asking Giants fans why they haven't wished RGIII to get well soon.
    Last edited by FBomb; 10-11-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

ever think maybe cruz and his family really enjoyed filming that commercial, and it's another way for them to remember his abuela?

i swear some people complain about stuff just for the sake of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by jax5338 View Post
    ever think maybe cruz and his family really enjoyed filming that commercial, and it's another way for them to remember his abuela?

i swear some people complain about stuff just for the sake of complaining.
    I used to be married to her.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Question.....which thread subject, currently on the MB, is the most meaningless? This one....or the Fanbase Power ranking one?

edit....I found another thread on the smack talk forum that can be added.....the one asking Giants fans why they haven't wished RGIII to get well soon.
    Hater.....
    Last edited by Giant stuck in Texas; 10-11-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post

As long as we're being honest, I found your response to my "meaningless post" to be even more meaningless. But yes, I'm bored. *Sigh*