+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: While the 49ers are a good team, who have they beat?

I have to go back to Blue Santa on this, you are saying because they lost to one team that is 4 - 1 they have lost overall to better teams with 1 loss?

MInd boggeling.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Here's the thing. Statistics are great and all and give us great insight to possibilities of what can happen, but they can't full on predict these games. I'm hoping for a solid game, our D to play hard for 60 full minutes and for no injuries.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    Difference between them n us is they blow out bad teams we keep them close. Plus they beat 1 more sucky team than we did. We can beat them if we stick nyg style football and stay discipline. Go giants!!!
    But two of the sucky teams we lost to were div rivals.
    We know how those games go, no matter how bad
    one div rival seems vs another.

Noners div is much better than it's been, don't think
    they are sweeping divisional "sucky" teams.
    They might not be 2 and 0 against div rivals
    if they had played them already.
    Bottom line, not apples to apples.

Taking this ridiculousstat thing one step further, they lost
    to a non-divisional rival, that while 4 and 1,
    has played 4 teams that are 6 and 15.

So saying noners loss to "one good team"
    is highly debatable. That "one good team" has not
    played "anybody" worth mentioning yet.

Again, giants no better, but we are also not making
    ourselves out to be the second coming.
    Last edited by OX1; 10-12-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Bench Player
    In order for these stats to really mean anything, you need to take the game they played against the 49ers out of the equasion. If you look every year at the worst teams and the best team opposition win % the winning teams always have a lower opp win % because THEY BEAT THE TEAMS ON THEIR SCHEDULE handing those teams a loss and pushing down that opp win %

So...taking Niner games OUT of the schedule....

Pack: 2-2
    Lions: 1-2
    Jets: 2-2
    Bills: 2-2

That would make the records of those teams 7-8.

The Packers should actually have one more win because of the worst call in the history of the NFL, so really you are looking at 8-7.

Also, to be fair, the Niners aren't just winning. They are beating the Tar out of these teams. They are doing what you are supposed to do when you play a so-so team....CRUSHING them.

It is funny tho how things change. When the season started the talk was that the Niners would have a fall back to reality due to there very tough schedule. Many redicted 0-2 to start the season. Now peeps just say "who have they played"?

The reality is that you can only play the games on your schedule. Do I think that the two loses the Giants have or the fact that they beat 2 substandard teams has any bearing on the game on sunday? Not for a second. Just like I think the Packers are better than peeps give them credit for and so are the Lions....and so are the Giants for that matter.

All that matters is what happens on sunday.
    Last edited by Marvin49; 10-12-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin49 View Post
    In order for these stats to really mean anything, you need to take the game they played against the 49ers out of the equasion. If you look every year at the worst teams and the best team opposition win % the winning teams always have a lower opp win % because THEY BEAT THE TEAMS ON THEIR SCHEDULE hading those teams a loss and pushing down that opp win %

So...taking Niner games OUT of the schedule....

Pack: 2-2
    Lions: 1-2
    Jets: 2-2
    Bills: 2-2

That would make the records of those teams 7-8.

The Packers should actually have one more win because of the worst call in the history of the NFL, so really you are looking at 8-7.

Also, to be fair, the Niners aren't just winning. They are beating the Tar out of these teams. They are doing what you are supposed to do when you play a so-so team....CRUSHING them.

It is funny tho how things change. When the season started the talk was that the Niners would have a fall back to reality due to there very tough schedule. Many redicted 0-2 to start the season. Now peeps just say "who have they played"?

The reality is that you can only play the games on your schedule. Do I think that the two loses the Giants have or the fact that they beat 2 substandard teams has any bearing on the game on sunday? Not for a second. Just like I think the Packers are better than peeps give them credit for and so are the Lions....and so are the Giants for that matter.

All that matters is what happens on sunday.

Marvin forget all the stats..and all the BS........ ...I love a good game, and I am sure you do ! Why don't we talk about it on Monday ! Oh don't for get our Superman in the 4th Quarter, he does have that reputation, I am going to call him the "4th Quarter Superman "

GO Giants Super Bowl Champs..............Thanks to K. Williams !

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BillTheGreek View Post
    Marvin forget all the stats..and all the BS........ ...I love a good game, and I am sure you do ! Why don't we talk about it on Monday ! Oh don't for get our Superman in the 4th Quarter, he does have that reputation, I am going to call him the "4th Quarter Superman "

GO Giants Super Bowl Champs..............Thanks to K. Williams !
    Ouch. That last line smarts. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    It was a great win for them in week one vs GB. But we have seen that GB is not the same as they have been in recent years. The 49ers also beat the Bills and Jets, but only lost to the Vikes.

The Giants oline is playing a little bit better since D2 is out (and I have been a big fan of his, but the tackle spot exposes him). Recall that last year during the season we had a chance to win it on the final drive, but KG had a horrible game plan that day. All those 3-4 wr sets in the shotgun & calling HB draws, and the tip on the last play by smith I believe. Only thing that still annoys me to this day is not allowing Eli to work the no huddle/hurry up offense when the offense is struggling and can use it to get in a rhythm/tempo when it is obvious either Eli, the Wrs, or both need it. I believe that cost us the Eagles game more so than Barden, even though that was huge in itself.

If our line has improve as did our run game, and the other guys besides cruz can make plays as they generally have been the last few weeks we have a solid shot. But our defense, especially defensive ends and run stopping has to seal up the holes this week. I am still not sold on Alex Smith. He showed how bad he was when going to the SB was on the line. Eli could have put much bigger numbers up that day if it wasn't for the weather.

It should be another good game, to bad we have to go back there for a 3rd time in the last year practically.
    a win is a win... as Giant fans we were told that plenty of times: "WHO HAVE WE BEAT" and walked away with a superbowl ring.

49ers are a VERY TOUGH and good team looking for revenge. Wouldn't make sense to take this opponent lightly

All-Pro
    The Giants have beaten three teams with a combined record of 2-12 while the 49ers destroyed their last two opponents. The big difference with these two teams is that the 49ers look like they picked up where they left off last year. The Giants as of today do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    The Giants have beaten three teams with a combined record of 2-12 while the 49ers destroyed their last two opponents. The big difference with these two teams is that the 49ers look like they picked up where they left off last year. The Giants as of today do not.
    We destroyed the Browns.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

All-Pro
    Not quite the same way the 49ers crushed the Bills though. The Giants dug themselves a hole while the 49ers humiliated the Bills.

+ Reply to Thread