+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: While the 49ers are a good team, who have they beat?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Not quite the same way the 49ers crushed the Bills though. The Giants dug themselves a hole while the 49ers humiliated the Bills.
    49ers match up well against the Bills. Bills suck

And the Browns don't? The Bills lead the league in touchdowns before that game. They're not completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    And the Browns don't? The Bills lead the league in touchdowns before that game. They're not completely useless.

We slipped up the first few minutes of the game which gave them easy 14-0 points.

Those are 14 points, a lot of points on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    You can make the exact same statement about our Giants...only the evidence is even stronger.
    That is true. Thats why I think it can go either way, but we have proven from last year as well as this year we adapt fairly well. I just dont see them being as dominant as ppl are making them out to be.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by BurnerNYG View Post
    Teams we beat got a combined record of 2-12 with Tampa having a bye so it can easily be 2-13. Regardless of the records, this game is gonna be a hard hitting battle with the Niners looking towards to trying to embarrass us and get into our heads early. We better be ready to match their intensity or we might find ourselves trying to climb out of a BIG hole.
    I agree the intesnsity will be part of it. But I have a feeling the Giants have something to prove as well. And this is the perfect time for the deline to play up to there skill set. The deline seems to play big, in big games or vs the better teams in the league. If nicks and bennett are healthy, that also adds a big dimension to our offense with Cruz, Hixon and Randal.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    I made this same post a couple of days ago, they have only beatten weak teams and the one team they lost to is 4-1 Vikings; who are having a good year but not incredible. I think that the 49ers are a good team but as their record shows, beatable. Given that will our defense do I think that we have enough to keep them from scoring, I like the fact that River's and Hosely are coming back from their hammies, and that Rocky's quad is getting better. I think we will score points on them, we score points on everybody. The real question is will our D be able to stop the run and make them beat us through the air, I'm not certain with KP back their I'm a little more confident.
    I believe the defense will show up. And if Hosely & Rivers are back, then it is that much better for the defense. That is, as long as they dont take to long to get the rust off, same for Nicks.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

You play the schedule you are dealt---yes statistically the Giants had the hardest schedule on paper before the season started, and thats based on the teams records/playoff teams from 2011.

You play your own division home and away(6 games), a division within your conference(4 games, rotates year to year), a division outside your conference(4 games, rotates year to year) and 2 games within your conference based on your finish from the previous year ie: the Giants play the teams that finished 1st in their respective divisions(Packers and 49ers).

But things can change from the finish of the previous season to a current teams position, like injuries, losses or gains in free agency, coaching changes.

As for winning and whether its close or a blowout---a win is a win period! The objective is for your team to have 1 more point on the scoreboard than the opposing team when the clock hits zero.

Now have the 49ers looked good the past couple of weeks, yes they have.

But this is the NFL, any given Sunday!
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    a win is a win... as Giant fans we were told that plenty of times: "WHO HAVE WE BEAT" and walked away with a superbowl ring.

49ers are a VERY TOUGH and good team looking for revenge. Wouldn't make sense to take this opponent lightly
    I never take them lightly. I didnt w/the browns. I figured they would give us a scare and they did.

I do think the 9ers are a good team, I just dont see them as world beaters that many seem to think they are.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Quote Originally Posted by DragonSoul View Post
    I never take them lightly. I didnt w/the browns. I figured they would give us a scare and they did.

I do think the 9ers are a good team, I just dont see them as world beaters that many seem to think they are.
    plenty of ball to play before the playoffs start. A regular season loss won't hurt as much as a loss in January or February. Yes the 49ers are a very good team and yes they are out for revenge, but a win here does not crown the 49ers yet, nor will it eliminate the Giants from contention.
    One day, not today, not tomorrow, not this season, probably not next season either but one day, you and I are gonna wake up and suddenly we're gonna be like every other team in every other sport where winning is everything and nothing else matters. And when that day comes, well thats, thats when we'll honor them--Jack Lengyel Marshall University

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    While the giants are a good team, who have they beat?

OR

Who did they lose to?

THIS^

+ Reply to Thread