+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: While the 49ers are a good team, who have they beat?

While the 49ers are a good team, who have they beat?

It was a great win for them in week one vs GB. But we have seen that GB is not the same as they have been in recent years. The 49ers also beat the Bills and Jets, but only lost to the Vikes.

The Giants oline is playing a little bit better since D2 is out (and I have been a big fan of his, but the tackle spot exposes him). Recall that last year during the season we had a chance to win it on the final drive, but KG had a horrible game plan that day. All those 3-4 wr sets in the shotgun & calling HB draws, and the tip on the last play by smith I believe. Only thing that still annoys me to this day is not allowing Eli to work the no huddle/hurry up offense when the offense is struggling and can use it to get in a rhythm/tempo when it is obvious either Eli, the Wrs, or both need it. I believe that cost us the Eagles game more so than Barden, even though that was huge in itself.

If our line has improve as did our run game, and the other guys besides cruz can make plays as they generally have been the last few weeks we have a solid shot. But our defense, especially defensive ends and run stopping has to seal up the holes this week. I am still not sold on Alex Smith. He showed how bad he was when going to the SB was on the line. Eli could have put much bigger numbers up that day if it wasn't for the weather.

It should be another good game, to bad we have to go back there for a 3rd time in the last year practically.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Banned
    45-3 and 34-0 isn't just a beating... that's called beating the living **** out of teams. The Vikings caught em off guard and might be an underrated squad sitting at 4-1 themselves.

You can make the exact same statement about our Giants...only the evidence is even stronger.

Teams they beat have a combined record of 6 wins and 13 loses with one team having a bye already so it could likely be 6 - 14
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Banned
    Teams we beat got a combined record of 2-12 with Tampa having a bye so it can easily be 2-13. Regardless of the records, this game is gonna be a hard hitting battle with the Niners looking towards to trying to embarrass us and get into our heads early. We better be ready to match their intensity or we might find ourselves trying to climb out of a BIG hole.

Veteran
    While the giants are a good team, who have they beat?

OR

Who did they lose to?
    RD1. DT Aaron Donald PITT / ARD1. CB Justin Gilbert OKST
    RD2. TE Jace Amaro Texas Tech
    RD3. CB Stanley jean Baptiste Nebraska / ADR3. DT Dominique Easley Florida
    RD4. WR Cody Latimer Indiana
    RD.5 DE Ed Stinson Alabama
    RD5B. C/OG Tyler Larsen Utah
    RD6. OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Morrison View Post
    Teams they beat have a combined record of 6 wins and 13 loses with one team having a bye already so it could likely be 6 - 14
    as I said, what can you say about us?

Lets compare:

The teams we have beat have a combined record of 2-12 with 1 bye.

Assuming your facts are right the teams they beat have a 6-13 with 1 bye.

So they have more wins vs better opponents, advantage ------49ers.

The teams we have lost to have a combined record of 5-4 with 1 bye or a .555 winning precentage.

the teams they have lost to have a 4-1 record or a .800 winning percentage.

So again, they have beaten better teams than us and we have lost to worse teams then them. Advantage---49ers

My point is that NONE of this matters. The game is all that matters.

I made this same post a couple of days ago, they have only beatten weak teams and the one team they lost to is 4-1 Vikings; who are having a good year but not incredible. I think that the 49ers are a good team but as their record shows, beatable. Given that will our defense do I think that we have enough to keep them from scoring, I like the fact that River's and Hosely are coming back from their hammies, and that Rocky's quad is getting better. I think we will score points on them, we score points on everybody. The real question is will our D be able to stop the run and make them beat us through the air, I'm not certain with KP back their I'm a little more confident.

Difference between them n us is they blow out bad teams we keep them close. Plus they beat 1 more sucky team than we did. We can beat them if we stick nyg style football and stay discipline. Go giants!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    as I said, what can you say about us?

Lets compare:

The teams we have beat have a combined record of 2-12 with 1 bye.

Assuming your facts are right the teams they beat have a 6-13 with 1 bye.

So they have more wins vs better opponents, advantage ------49ers.

The teams we have lost to have a combined record of 5-4 with 1 bye or a .555 winning precentage.

the teams they have lost to have a 4-1 record or a .800 winning percentage.

So again, they have beaten better teams than us and we have lost to worse teams then them. Advantage---49ers

My point is that NONE of this matters. The game is all that matters.
    using a 16 game season to discuss these statistics can be misleading because any given week anyone can beat anyone, but thinking they mean anything after only 5 games is downright silly.

+ Reply to Thread