+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I think we underestimate how much the 49ers hate us

Quote Originally Posted by look@dafilm View Post
    Not as much as the Giants fans hate 49ers fans. Ravens fans are cool with us, Packers fans are cool, etc. Every post about a 49er fan on here is about how they are the scum of the Earth and/or the Devil
    We actually hate you very little. What have you done to us? The 1993 playoff game which ended Phil Simms' and LT's careers, and the 2002 playoff debacle. Now weigh that against the things we've done to you.

If somebody ruined 14-2 and 13-3 seasons in our house in the NFC CG, I'd hate them. If somebody ended the career of our best player ever, I'd hate them. If somebody handed us our worst playoff loss ever in our prime, I'd hate them.

Sure there's a rivalry but when I look at what we've done to you, it's not symmetrical. We look back and think in the 80s that was a great rivalry and we got the best of a very good team a few times. You guys must logically look at us and seethe with hate.

It's the fan arrogance that bothers us. It remins us too much of the Cowboys who are in our division so it sounds very familiar to us. We view the mass of your fanbase as a hybrid of the Cowboys arrogance and Eagles bile.
    Last edited by SweetZombieJesus; 10-13-2012 at 07:09 AM.

Overall the teams are even though record wise.

Anyway a little History about our two teams in case you didn't know. This is one is the closest battles of non Divisional teams. This is about as close to a rivalry as u can get though..

In their History, The two teams have met 28 times during the regular season. Wanna guess who's ahead in the won/loss dept?

The answer is NO ONE! It's deadlocked at 14-14How about playoff time.

The two teams have met 8 times in the Postseason.... Yep you guessed it, deadlocked again at 4 apiece!!

So 36 meeting overall with each team winning 16 times
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Not as much as the Giants fans hate 49ers fans. Ravens fans are cool with us, Packers fans are cool, etc. Every post about a 49er fan on here is about how they are the scum of the Earth and/or the Devil
    This is only because of what has taken place recently between the two teams, otherwise I don't know one Giants fan outside of what is written on these boards that have a dislike for 9er fans - we hate Eagles and Cowboy fans more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    We actually hate you very little. What have you done to us? The 1993 playoff game which ended Phil Simms' and LT's careers, and the 2002 playoff debacle. Now weigh that against the things we've done to you.

If somebody ruined 14-2 and 13-3 seasons in our house in the NFC CG, I'd hate them. If somebody ended the career of our best player ever, I'd hate them. If somebody handed us our worst playoff loss ever in our prime, I'd hate them.

Sure there's a rivalry but when I look at what we've done to you, it's not symmetrical. We look back and think in the 80s that was a great rivalry and we got the best of a very good team a few times. You guys must logically look at us and seethe with hate.

It's the fan arrogance that bothers us. It remins us too much of the Cowboys who are in our division so it sounds very familiar to us. We view the mass of your fanbase as a hybrid of the Cowboys arrogance and Eagles bile.
    I got no ax to grind with the 49ers. They are a very good team.

Some of their fans are tough to take what with the whole "crown us because we are no longer a laughing stock" nonsense but what do you expect from a fan base that is not exactly know to be very knowledgeable?

I think you guys are crybabies more than anything else. That scum of the earth devil stuff is reserved for Eagles fans.

Bench Player
    49ers fans ought to hate the Giants, but no hatred will ever be as strong for a 49er fan as for the Cowgirls. A very distant ways after them we have the Giants, Rams, and Packers in level of 49er hatred. But the Dallas Cowgirls have haunted the 49ers in multiple decades, robbing them of potential Super Bowl appearances (and quite likely victories) at least four times.

+ Reply to Thread