+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurry up offense

Hurry up offense

I wonder if the Giants will ever consider to go into the "hurry up" offense earleier in the game. Eli thrives in those situations. I'd like to see them slip that in once in a while.

I think they should use some hurry up on the 49ers to suprise them.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I wonder if the Giants will ever consider to go into the "hurry up" offense earleier in the game. Eli thrives in those situations. I'd like to see them slip that in once in a while.
    Love the idea. Never gonna happen. look who our coaches are.

It'll happen eventually. Not sure if they'll do it with nicks out though. Can't see Randle going with a fast paced no huddle. Too early for te youngster.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    It'll happen eventually. Not sure if they'll do it with nicks out though. Can't see Randle going with a fast paced no huddle. Too early for te youngster.
    I never thought about that. You are right.

Very good idea ! I'll talk to Tom about it.................Also don't let Smith have to much time to throw the ball.............RUSH HIM ! RUSH HIM ! & Sack him !

Go Giants !

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    Love the idea. Never gonna happen. look who our coaches are.
    This. Ain't happening. They will only do this if they are trailing. It's mind boggling why they don't do this more often earlier in games, Maybe not all the time, but every now and then just to keep your opponents guessing and off balance. Also, how about some passing pays with two RB's lined up in the backfield?

Gilbride has already said he prefers to keep it for when they need it. Do it all the time and teams will begin preparing for it. It could limit its effectiveness in crunch time.

Starter
    Eli was talking about this on Monday on the fan...he said something to the effect of that if they go 3 and out it doesn't give the defense too much rest. People have been clamoring for the hurry up for years now. If they wanted to run it on a consistent basis they would have done so by now....

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    This. Ain't happening. They will only do this if they are trailing. It's mind boggling why they don't do this more often earlier in games, Maybe not all the time, but every now and then just to keep your opponents guessing and off balance. Also, how about some passing pays with two RB's lined up in the backfield?
    I have been wishing they would do this occasionally for years. I will never second guess TC as he knows what he is doing, but I have always wondered why not throw it in now and again, not even in every game, but occasionally.

+ Reply to Thread