+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyArcher View Post
    I wonder if the Giants will ever consider to go into the "hurry up" offense earleier in the game. Eli thrives in those situations. I'd like to see them slip that in once in a while.
    With Gilbride as OC.....the answer is "No".

They only do hurry up when they need Eli Manning to save the day....which is roughly 75% of the time.

Our defense has enough issues when they have time to rest, imagine if they have to go from off the field back on in like a minute. The reason it works so well in crunchtime is because the Giants do not use it all the time. DO I wish sometimes they would use it more for certain situtations, sure, but do not want it to be how the offense operates all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Our defense has enough issues when they have time to rest, imagine if they have to go from off the field back on in like a minute. The reason it works so well in crunchtime is because the Giants do not use it all the time. DO I wish sometimes they would use it more for certain situtations, sure, but do not want it to be how the offense operates all the time.
    True.................but once in a while, throw them off gaurd, and do it ! Like this Sunday !

Go Giants................Kick the S#%t out of SF

ok, well to counter the "if u go 3n out ur killing ur d", then start the no huddle after u've picked up that first 1rst down

Troy I was thinking the same thing! He could certainly handle the high tempo....

My old man has been yelling for the no huddle for about 7 years now ha.

Do you mean hurry up or no huddle? Those are 2 different things, I see no use for hrry up at the start of the game, the no huddle thought, if you see a big mismatch on personel, no huddle is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    This. Ain't happening. They will only do this if they are trailing. It's mind boggling why they don't do this more often earlier in games, Maybe not all the time, but every now and then just to keep your opponents guessing and off balance. Also, how about some passing pays with two RB's lined up in the backfield?
    how about 2 RBs, 1 FB, the old wishbone ... scoring 30 points per game is boring .... i think there should be a contest every week where a fan can call the plays .... we'd only score 3 points per game, but you guys would be psyched
    Apologize to Melo 5