+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question WHY CAN'T WE SCORE A TD ON THE 10 YD. LINE

It's very fustrating, to get in the red zone and most of the time we have to settle for a field goal ! WHY ?

Will this change on Sunday ?

Because you have to cross the goal line?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

They want to make sure Tynes is earning his salary.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Because you have to cross the goal line?
    That's a very good answer ! But not the solution .

Veteran
    We don't really have the capability to throw up fades in 1 on 1 coverage like other teams do in those situations. If I had one complaint about Nicks, it would be that he doesn't make those plays consistently. And you really can't look at Cruz here, he's just not big enough. Barden...well that's another story.

Unless a player is able to break quick towards the sideline (ala Cruz TD last week) our options are pretty limited. Usually consisting of slants or quick underneath throws with high reliance on slot guys and TE's.

Definitely an area we could improve on.

We have three big guys so lets see what they can do. Usualy when you are in tight situations, you got to have a system. One system is putting the ball where your man can get it. For that to happen, your man needs to be at the right spot. This can be taught by the position coaches and disgussed with the OC.

Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    We don't really have the capability to throw up fades in 1 on 1 coverage like other teams do in those situations. If I had one complaint about Nicks, it would be that he doesn't make those plays consistently. And you really can't look at Cruz here, he's just not big enough. Barden...well that's another story.

Unless a player is able to break quick towards the sideline (ala Cruz TD last week) our options are pretty limited. Usually consisting of slants or quick underneath throws with high reliance on slot guys and TE's.

Definitely an area we could improve on.
    Bennett appears to be emerging as a strong redzone threat.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Bennett appears to be emerging as a strong redzone threat.
    Definitely agree. I'm excited to see how we look to him in the future in these situations.

I notice us throwing for the endzone a lot when we get in the red zone. And that equals in a bunch of 2nd and 3rd and longs, where we wing up kicking the 3. Thats what I noticed sometimes anyway. Id rather us pound the ball more in the red zone.

5trive for Fiv5

The play calling gets pretty ridiculous in the red zone.

MUCH better.