+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do you think Couglin will re-insert David Diehl back into the starting lineup?

For starters, I hope not. Leave a good thing alone. However, this is Coughlin we are talking about and for some reason I think he's going to do it. I hope I'm wrong. Diehl has had his time as a starter and over the past two seasons you could clearly see the decline. Coughlin is loyal to his vets, but he has to do the right thing and think about team first. How do you mess with a line that has protected Eli so well and is beginning to show life in the run game? He pulled the same stunt with Ohara in 2010 in that heart breaker against the Eagles. Thoughts?

I don't think Diehl is going to be rushed back into the lineup at this point. A knee is a tough injury for any player, but especially for an offensive lineman.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

hope not

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I don't think Diehl is going to be rushed back into the lineup at this point. A knee is a tough injury for any player, but especially for an offensive lineman.
    I agree, but when healthy, he should not be a starter ever again unless there is an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by I Bleed Blue View Post
    I agree, but when healthy, he should not be a starter ever again unless there is an injury.
    Not before he's 100% healthy which, to me, is TC speak for things have been working a little better so let's ease you back into the rotation.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

No

He shouldn't be on the line unless Beatty or Locklear go down... he just gets exposed nowadays, while the 2 starting tackles we have are actually doing okay.
    Andre the Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He shouldn't be on the line unless Beatty or Locklear go down... he just gets exposed nowadays, while the 2 starting tackles we have are actually doing okay.
    Or Snee/Boothe
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

no, Diehl is not 100% and Locklear has held up OK, certainly the stats have been good ... altho vs. Philly 1st half ... it was a little dicey with pass protection

O-line is about chemistry and this group has something good going right now

and Diehl is an ideal 6th man on the O-line b/c he can play anywhere except Center and even then you could slide Boothe to Center and put Diehl at LG

so, IMO the only way I feel Diehl gets his job back is if he gets to 100% in a few weeks and Locklear struggles

but can we just make that observation without trashing a guy that played the toughest O-line position of LT (even though he was a Guard) for 2 Super Bowl winning teams !!
    Apologize to Melo 5

All-Pro
    Right now Diehl is list 3rd in the RT position, they may eventually try to put him back in the starting lineup but it doesn't look like it will happen this week.