+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Honest question for 49er fans

Would you guys trade Alex Smith for Eli? I know our answer but my friend (niner fan) who said they wouldn't and it got me wondering

Bench Player
    Yes.

I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.

That said, Eli is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin49 View Post
    Yes.

I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.

That said, Eli is a better player.
    You know what Marvin, Your Right about Eli being a better player !
    Last edited by BillTheGreek; 10-13-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Bench Player
    Yes.I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.That said, Eli is a better player.
    I agree. Eli is the better player, and the reason is not between Eli and Alex, it's Eli and his WR's vs Alex and his Wrs. NY Giants have great WR coaching and between Alex and Eli, Eli can execute much more complex passing concepts than Alex can at this point in both player's careers.

Giedi

49ers fans are pretty dumb and delusional, after reading their forums I have no idea why fans of a team who did not win anything in 17 years are so sure of themselves. They said they don't fear the giants at all and for some reason think they won the nfc championship. Bunch of homers.
    Last edited by BMW; 10-14-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.
    Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?
    Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.

Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.
    Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.
    He would actually be REQUIRED to do so.

Watch this on Sunday....

The 49ers come to the line on every down with at least 2 plays. You will see Alex take the play clock almost all the way down and then yell either "Let it Roll!!!" or "Kill Kill Kill".

On the regular season Kendall Hunter run for a TD, alex almost killed the play before Joe Staley looked back at him from his stance and told him to keep the play. Good thing for the Niners that they did.

At Stanford, Luck had 3 plays at the line, but that was his third year in the O. Not sure if Niners will do that.