+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Honest question for 49er fans

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Ask this question around 730 tomorrow please.
    hey! Great Video this week as always!
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    No. Ask the question at 730 means, this might be the worst question in the history of ****ing sports. Would you rather have a game manager who in big games looks for the grass to be open before his wide outs, or a two time Super Bowl MVP who is on pace to be the leagues most valuable player? If you can't find absurdity in that submission, then holy ****.
    OK. I still don't get the connection to 7:30 but I certainly agree with your explanation.

All-Pro
    You know you ask that same question to any NFCE team and I honestly think they all would keep who they have, lol. Delusional to say the least

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin49 View Post
    He would actually be REQUIRED to do so.

Watch this on Sunday....

The 49ers come to the line on every down with at least 2 plays. You will see Alex take the play clock almost all the way down and then yell either "Let it Roll!!!" or "Kill Kill Kill".

On the regular season Kendall Hunter run for a TD, alex almost killed the play before Joe Staley looked back at him from his stance and told him to keep the play. Good thing for the Niners that they did.

At Stanford, Luck had 3 plays at the line, but that was his third year in the O. Not sure if Niners will do that.
    If I'm not mistaken, the "kill kill kill" call at the line of scrimmage usually means that the quarterback is calling for max protection and someone is usually going to stay in to block instead of running their route.

Bench Player
    not only is Eli better than Alex Smith but at this time in his career but he is better than Tom Brady

Banned
    Heck, Jim Harbaugh was willing to let Alex Smith go for a damaged Peyton Manning. Of course they would gladly trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning.

I think Alex Smith is a damn good QB and will go far but Eli Manning may be The Best in NFL right now.

At this point, there is very little to be gained in an Alex for Eli swap.

I'll give Eli one thing.. the guy NEVER gets rattled.. I've seen Brady rattled, I've seen Payton rattled.. I've NEVER seen Eli rattled, perhaps it's that mongoloid expression tattooed to his face, but he never seems like things ever get too big for him.

That being said, Eli is one of the most clutch playoff QBs in NFL history, but he'll never win a regular season MVP, because he's not as elite or clutch during the regular season as he is in the playoffs, and that's the greatest knock. When the gints won their first super bowl w/ Eli, that season he had thrown the same amount of TDs as INTs.. I don't live in NYC, but the general feeling around the country is if Eli and Coughlin didn't produce that season.. one or both was gone. I think Eli has reached his full potential.. as well as Alex Smith has played so far, I don't think he's hit his ceiling.

Under Harbaugh, Alex Smith played elite at times during the regular season.. and he's played elite when he's had to during the playoffs. I don't think you can transplant a Super Bowl winning QB from one team to another and expect similar results, so many things team wide have to happen to produce a winner. Eli is considered widely to be an elite QB, I think he needs to produce in the regular season as big as he has the playoffs before he's considered elite, but 2 Super Bowl rings are hard to argue with. Alex Smith still can't shake the 'game manager' moniker, so most people will take an elite QB over one with questions to be answered.

As a Niners' fan, I keep our guy and see how far he can take us.. I still think Smith hasn't played his best football, Eli to have hit his ceiling and seems to only play his best when it's do or die, but then again.. Alex Smith played his best football in the do or die as well. Eli is a great QB, but I'm sticking with Alex the Great.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    Heck, Jim Harbaugh was willing to let Alex Smith go for a damaged Peyton Manning. Of course they would gladly trade Alex Smith for Eli Manning.

I think Alex Smith is a damn good QB and will go far but Eli Manning may be The Best in NFL right now.
    The best 3-2 QB in the league.. or the best overall? Eli is pretty good.. but if you had to choose between Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Payton, Eli and Roethlisberger.. who's really going with Eli? All of the other QBs have produced in the regular season AND the playoffs.. Eli only his best in the post-season. Put together an entire year's campaign (regular season and playoffs), then talk about being the best. If I had to choose, it's either Brady or Rodgers.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Six-Ace-Deuce View Post
    The best 3-2 QB in the league.. or the best overall? Eli is pretty good.. but if you had to choose between Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Payton, Eli and Roethlisberger.. who's really going with Eli? All of the other QBs have produced in the regular season AND the playoffs.. Eli only his best in the post-season. Put together an entire year's campaign (regular season and playoffs), then talk about being the best. If I had to choose, it's either Brady or Rodgers.
    lol. Are you hearing yourself? I'd take Eli all day long if he is good enough to get his Team to the playoffs (who cares about gaudy reg season #s)and excels once he gets there. It's about Titles man, not regular season stats

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Ace-Deuce View Post
    At this point, there is very little to be gained in an Alex for Eli swap.

I'll give Eli one thing.. the guy NEVER gets rattled.. I've seen Brady rattled, I've seen Payton rattled.. I've NEVER seen Eli rattled, perhaps it's that mongoloid expression tattooed to his face, but he never seems like things ever get too big for him.

That being said, Eli is one of the most clutch playoff QBs in NFL history, but he'll never win a regular season MVP, because he's not as elite or clutch during the regular season as he is in the playoffs, and that's the greatest knock. When the gints won their first super bowl w/ Eli, that season he had thrown the same amount of TDs as INTs.. I don't live in NYC, but the general feeling around the country is if Eli and Coughlin didn't produce that season.. one or both was gone. I think Eli has reached his full potential.. as well as Alex Smith has played so far, I don't think he's hit his ceiling.

Under Harbaugh, Alex Smith played elite at times during the regular season.. and he's played elite when he's had to during the playoffs. I don't think you can transplant a Super Bowl winning QB from one team to another and expect similar results, so many things team wide have to happen to produce a winner. Eli is considered widely to be an elite QB, I think he needs to produce in the regular season as big as he has the playoffs before he's considered elite, but 2 Super Bowl rings are hard to argue with. Alex Smith still can't shake the 'game manager' moniker, so most people will take an elite QB over one with questions to be answered.

As a Niners' fan, I keep our guy and see how far he can take us.. I still think Smith hasn't played his best football, Eli to have hit his ceiling and seems to only play his best when it's do or die, but then again.. Alex Smith played his best football in the do or die as well. Eli is a great QB, but I'm sticking with Alex the Great.
    eli had 6 gw drives, 8 including the postseason last yr. wth are u talking about not clutch in the reg season? further, eli broke like a 60 yr Unitas record for most 4th qtr td passes in the reg season. the fact u could be so clueless to that in ur assessment of eli, leads me to believe ur not gonna be accurate on much esp a description of alex smith.
    funny u say smith hasnt reached his ceiling but eli has...lmfao eli has improved eery single season, he's entering his prime, but he'll still improve thats why the nfl should be worried...smiths career year was 3100 yds and 17 tds...lmfao if he cant improve on that thats pathetic.

smiths a good qb. but dont be delusional, eli is literally twice the qb smith is

+ Reply to Thread