+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Honest question for 49er fans

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    lol. Are you hearing yourself? I'd take Eli all day long if he is good enough to get his Team to the playoffs (who cares about gaudy reg season #s)and excels once he gets there. It's about Titles man, not regular season stats
    Okay, that makes Eli the most clutch QB in the playoffs.. gints BARELY got into the playoffs last season.. the best QB in the league shouldn't have to barely get into the playoffs. Brady has 3 Rings, plus a MVP.. Roethlisberger has 2 rings.. they've gotten it done in the regular season and post-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Ace-Deuce View Post
    Okay, that makes Eli the most clutch QB in the playoffs.. gints BARELY got into the playoffs last season.. the best QB in the league shouldn't have to barely get into the playoffs. Brady has 3 Rings, plus a MVP.. Roethlisberger has 2 rings.. they've gotten it done in the regular season and post-season.
    Well when you have the 27th ranked defense, and last in the league in rushing, you aren't going to fair so well.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    eli had 6 gw drives, 8 including the postseason last yr. wth are u talking about not clutch in the reg season? further, eli broke like a 60 yr Unitas record for most 4th qtr td passes in the reg season. the fact u could be so clueless to that in ur assessment of eli, leads me to believe ur not gonna be accurate on much esp a description of alex smith.
    funny u say smith hasnt reached his ceiling but eli has...lmfao eli has improved eery single season, he's entering his prime, but he'll still improve thats why the nfl should be worried...smiths career year was 3100 yds and 17 tds...lmfao if he cant improve on that thats pathetic.

smiths a good qb. but dont be delusional, eli is literally twice the qb smith is
    Alex Smith had SIX game-winning drives last season, tying the franchise record of Joe Montana.. Alex Smith also led the Niners to a 13-3 regular season.. Eli had to beat the Cowpies in the final game of the season to get to 9-7 to make the playoffs. I don't know, seems like the best QB in the league wouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games.. and had to come back 6 times.. so if he lost 7 and came back in 6.. 13 games were in doubt throughout the season.. that's alot for a QB, and Eli was only able to bring them out of it less than 50% of the time.. doesn't sound like the best QB in the league to me.

In Eli's first Super Bowl season, he threw 20TDs to 20INTs w/ a 10-6 record.. last season Eli threw something like 20TDs to 17/18INTs with a 9-7 record.. all that matters is the gints were the best team when it mattered, but I don't know.. the best QBs in the league usually have a 3-1 TD:INT ratio.. Eli isn't coming close to that.

Alex Smith isn't even considered elite, yet he's 18-5 the past two seasons(plus playoffs) and he's currently ranked the #1 passer in the league, Eli isn't even in the top 5.. if Alex Smith is doing all of this and he's not even elite.. if ever does reach 'elite'.. how good is he going to be? Has Eli ever been the #1 ranked passer in the league, in any point in his career? Is Eli EVER been considered a regular season MVP.. ever? No, never. I track Alex Smith week-in/week-out so I can chart him performance to performance, I don't really follow Eli.. I can only give you the perspective of an outsider. Eli certainly has room to grow, that's for sure.

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week.

Alex Smith had SIX game-winning drives last season, tying the franchise record of Joe Montana.. Alex Smith also led the Niners to a 13-3 regular season.. Eli had to beat the Cowpies in the final game of the season to get to 9-7 to make the playoffs. I don't know, seems like the best QB in the league wouldn't allow his team to lose 7 games.. and had to come back 6 times.. so if he lost 7 and came back in 6.. 13 games were in doubt throughout the season.. that's alot for a QB, and Eli was only able to bring them out of it less than 50% of the time.. doesn't sound like the best QB in the league to me.

In Eli's first Super Bowl season, he threw 20TDs to 20INTs w/ a 10-6 record.. last season Eli threw something like 20TDs to 17/18INTs with a 9-7 record.. all that matters is the gints were the best team when it mattered, but I don't know.. the best QBs in the league usually have a 3-1 TD:INT ratio.. Eli isn't coming close to that.

Alex Smith isn't even considered elite, yet he's 18-5 the past two seasons(plus playoffs) and he's currently ranked the #1 passer in the league, Eli isn't even in the top 5.. if Alex Smith is doing all of this and he's not even elite.. if ever does reach 'elite'.. how good is he going to be? Has Eli ever been the #1 ranked passer in the league, in any point in his career? Is Eli EVER been considered a regular season MVP.. ever? No, never. I track Alex Smith week-in/week-out so I can chart him performance to performance, I don't really follow Eli.. I can only give you the perspective of an outsider. Eli certainly has room to grow, that's for sure.

You really wanna give Eli ALL the credit for both Super Bowls.. he made some good throws, but those clutch catches made by his receivers are what stand out.. oh, and let's not forget about that pass-rush. I'd take the gints' pass-rush before I take Eli as a QB. Eli is definitely clutch, but he's got so much more room to grow before he can be considered the BEST QB in the league. If Eli was so damn elite, he'd have games wrapped up by halftime instead of having to dig himself outta a hole each week.
    Eli had 29 td's and 16 ints to clear that up. It's pretty clear you don't watch a lot of Giants games, and that's totally fine. You wanna know why Eli will never be the number 1 passer or have 45 td's? Because he doesn't care. He simply doesn't. Stats alone don't win you championships. Aaron Rodgers threw 45 td's and 6 ints last season and did not win a Super Bowl. Same with Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger also have some of the worst games playing in a Super Bowl, he didn't have "elite" numbers. So this whole "oh he's not elite because he doesnt throw 3400 td's" is pretty lame. Again, stats alone do not win you championships. His receivers make him look good? Who was throwing them those passes? So Aaron Rodgers isnt elite because he has Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings? Tom Brady isn't elite because he has Gronk and Welker?

And he's not digging HIMSELF out of a hole. He's digging a pathetic defense out of a hole.

Alex Smith didnt lead the Niners to a 13-3 record. Get outta here w/ that mess. He is a solid QB and is much improved but dude is in the same boat as Mark Sanchez circa 2009-2010. A decent QB surrounded by the best damn defense in the entire league, and an elite OL and running game. Throw in arguably the best TE in the league and you have the 2011 49ers.

when ur team doesnt have an all world OL, D, and run game, theres a lot more heavy lifting for the qb. eli carried the team in ways smith never has or will. alex smith is a great game manager/qb. hes not close to eli

You make a good argument but here are some other factors to ponder IMO:

1. By and large the Niners are a defensive football team. You guys don't make a habit of outscoring the opponent. I would say your defense keeps you in games more often than your offense does. In direct contrast to that are the recent NYG's teams led by Eli. We outscore people and the offense habitually makes up for defensive gaffes.

2. Your offense has been powered by one of the best running games in the league. Last year we had the worst running attack in the league. We won the SB on the strength of Eli's arm last year.

3. Niners run a a simplistic offense in comparison with KG's system. I think Smith would be in over his head in NYG system. Alex Smith has to prove he can hit his outside receivers deep down the field. You watch them more than I do, but whenever I see them I see the majority of their pass plays between the hashes on short and intermediate routes ( some of this is just the difference in offensive philosophies).

***Eli is not the best QB in the league anybody that tells you that is delusional. Eli is elite and definitley top 5 and after him there is a drop off in talent. With that being said Smith isn't in Eli's league. There is nobody on our defensive line as valuable as Eli- not even JPP.

yup. my thought about u being inaccurate in ur assessment is confirmed. league mvp LMFAO HAHAHA...just fyi, several respected analysts have said eli is def an mvp candidate so far, cant say that bout alex.
    and eli doesnt have league mvp, neither does smith. eli does have 2 sb mvps tho which is 2 more than smith even tho both have been in the league the same amount of time basically.

loove sf fans, such bandwagoners. i'd bet 1000 dollars this guy was calling for david carr along with the rest of the entire stadium that home game 2 yrs ago. sure theres things eli hasnt yet accomplished, but he's also never had the pourous seasons smith has had and hes had a bunch of em..

do u really think smith is a better qb than eli???

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Eli had 29 td's and 16 ints to clear that up. It's pretty clear you don't watch a lot of Giants games, and that's totally fine. You wanna know why Eli will never be the number 1 passer or have 45 td's? Because he doesn't care. He simply doesn't. Stats alone don't win you championships. Aaron Rodgers threw 45 td's and 6 ints last season and did not win a Super Bowl. Same with Drew Brees. Ben Roethlisberger also have some of the worst games playing in a Super Bowl, he didn't have "elite" numbers. So this whole "oh he's not elite because he doesnt throw 3400 td's" is pretty lame. Again, stats alone do not win you championships. His receivers make him look good? Who was throwing them those passes? So Aaron Rodgers isnt elite because he has Jordy Nelson and Greg Jennings? Tom Brady isn't elite because he has Gronk and Welker?
    I just looked up the stats for Eli last season, I winged it off memory, but you are right.. that's closer to 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. but that's still not BEST QB in the league. Perhaps Eli is the best QB for the gints, which is different than best in the league.. which I don't think he's even in the conversation, despite the 2 Super Bowls. And you are right, stats don't make the QB.. because alot of time QBs trailing put up huge numbers in a losing effort. Can Eli at LEAST win a MVP before we crown him the best Qb in the league? Seems like a pre-req to at least have one of those. Ben Roethlisberger also has 2 Super Bowls, but nobody considers him the best or even elite. You guys have a great QB, no doubt, but saying he's the best.. I really think you are reaching. If you want to go by best QB, I'm still saying Brady or Rodgers.. it's not all stats, but nobody plays QB better than they do.

+ Reply to Thread