+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Honest question for 49er fans

Quote Originally Posted by Six-Ace-Deuce View Post
    I just looked up the stats for Eli last season, I winged it off memory, but you are right.. that's closer to 2:1 TD/INT ratio.. but that's still not BEST QB in the league. Perhaps Eli is the best QB for the gints, which is different than best in the league.. which I don't think he's even in the conversation, despite the 2 Super Bowls. And you are right, stats don't make the QB.. because alot of time QBs trailing put up huge numbers in a losing effort. Can Eli at LEAST win a MVP before we crown him the best Qb in the league? Seems like a pre-req to at least have one of those. Ben Roethlisberger also has 2 Super Bowls, but nobody considers him the best or even elite. You guys have a great QB, no doubt, but saying he's the best.. I really think you are reaching. If you want to go by best QB, I'm still saying Brady or Rodgers.. it's not all stats, but nobody plays QB better than they do.
    Well which would you rather have, championships, or elite stats? I'm not knocking your opinion btw.

Bench Player
    no because Eli isn't mobile and Alex is moblie and quick and effective in Harbaughs run driven offense

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Well which would you rather have, championships, or elite stats? I'm not knocking your opinion btw.
    I'll take championships every single day, but again.. that doesn't make Eli Manning the best Qb in the league. Eli isn't winning these things single-handedly. If you wanna go with championships, then that's Brady. And Roethlisberger has 2 Rings. I'm not saying Eli doesn't deserve all the credit he's getting, I just can't see how you can call him the best QB in the league.. maybe most clutch, but not best.

I'll take championships every single day, but again.. that doesn't make Eli Manning the best Qb in the league. Eli isn't winning these things single-handedly. If you wanna go with championships, then that's Brady. And Roethlisberger has 2 Rings. I'm not saying Eli doesn't deserve all the credit he's getting, I just can't see how you can call him the best QB in the league.. maybe most clutch, but not best.
    So Brady wins championships, but not Eli? Does Brady win them because he has pretty stats to back it up? He's getting called the best in the league because when it matters most, he wins. He delivers. Sure it may not be pretty, but he gets the job done. I don't think there's a rule that stats you must have a certain amount of touchdowns and yards to be considered elite. I'll ask you this, is Tony Romo elite?

Eli isn't the best QB in the league. He's certainly in the conversation and I think the rankings of the top 5 - 6 move around a bit but in the top tier (elite is such a BS term) it's the usual suspects: Brady, the two Mannings, Rodgers, Brees, Rothlisberger. After that there are a couple of more tiers and Smith is in one of them.

No intelligent, honest SF fan wouldn't trade Smith for Eli in a heartbeat but I don't blame them for defending their guy....

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin49 View Post
    Yes.I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.That said, Eli is a better player.
    I agree. Eli is the better player, and the reason is not between Eli and Alex, it's Eli and his WR's vs Alex and his Wrs. NY Giants have great WR coaching and between Alex and Eli, Eli can execute much more complex passing concepts than Alex can at this point in both player's careers.

Giedi

49ers fans are pretty dumb and delusional, after reading their forums I have no idea why fans of a team who did not win anything in 17 years are so sure of themselves. They said they don't fear the giants at all and for some reason think they won the nfc championship. Bunch of homers.
    Last edited by BMW; 10-14-2012 at 04:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread