+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Honest question for 49er fans

Would you guys trade Alex Smith for Eli? I know our answer but my friend (niner fan) who said they wouldn't and it got me wondering

Bench Player
    Yes.

I like Alex. ALOT. I think he can take this team all the way in this offense.

That said, Eli is a better player.

Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike01 View Post
    Anyone that wouldn't is an idiot.
    Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue2088 View Post
    Thats what I was thinking but would Eli fit their offense?
    Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin49 View Post
    Would Eli fit? Yes, I think he could.

Cutler? Stafford? No freakin way.

What this offense requires is a guy who won't turn the ball over in bunches and is willing to rely on the running game.

I think Eli can do that. He is more capable of accurately making all of the throws a QB needs to make.

He wouldn't have anything close to the Numbers he would put up in NY, but he could play in it.

Remember...Andrew Luck played in this O.
    Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Eli can play in any offense so long as he's allowed to make adjustments at the LOS.
    He would actually be REQUIRED to do so.

Watch this on Sunday....

The 49ers come to the line on every down with at least 2 plays. You will see Alex take the play clock almost all the way down and then yell either "Let it Roll!!!" or "Kill Kill Kill".

On the regular season Kendall Hunter run for a TD, alex almost killed the play before Joe Staley looked back at him from his stance and told him to keep the play. Good thing for the Niners that they did.

At Stanford, Luck had 3 plays at the line, but that was his third year in the O. Not sure if Niners will do that.

Eli would win 3 back to back SBs with the 49ers team.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Eli would win 3 back to back SBs with the 49ers team.
    I wouldnt go that far. Import KG, Cruz and Nicks and that would be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    I wouldnt go that far. Import KG, Cruz and Nicks and that would be realistic.
    All that the 49ers need to become a dynasty is a top-flight QB... We've seen Eli make throws with only Cruz and a bunch of backups in that carolina game. He could make it happen with just VD and that receiver bunch the 49ers had last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.