+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants' Hakeem Nicks proclaims himself pain free and ready to go

Giants' Nicks still limited in first practice back with Big Blue

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1181375

Excerpt: "The replacement receivers have done a wonderful job filling in for Hakeem Nicks during his three-week absence. At times, their big games have made the drop-off hard to notice.

But there’s just something undeniably special for the Giants about having Nicks on the field with the offense. And the 24-year-old receiver realizes it, too.

“Definitely. We all know that,” Nicks said on Thursday. “We all know what I can bring to the table when I’m out there. Right now it’s just a matter of making sure I’m able to compete at the highest level when I’m out there. It’s just a matter of me taking care of my body. “(Friday) will be the defining day.”

Whether or not Nicks can practice on Friday will likely determine whether he will be able to play on Sunday when the Giants (3-2) travel to San Francisco to face the 49ers (4-1) in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship Game. Nicks tested out his injured right foot and left knee in practice on Thursday for the first time in two weeks. And while Tom Coughlin said he “moved around OK,” Nicks said he was very limited and was just hoping to get a feel for his conditioning level.
    " Read more..
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

doesnt sound to me like a guy that can be effective in a game against SF sunday
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

comes off a bit ****y to me .
    instead of stressing what a value he is to the team
    he should have just pimped up his team mates that are
    doing a fine job in his absence.

i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy"
    Last edited by stormblue; 10-12-2012 at 10:12 AM.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

I don't think he's going to play

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    comes off a bit ****y to me .
    instead of stressing what a value he is to the team
    he should have just pimped up his team mates that are
    doing a fine job in his absence.

i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy"
    Thinking the Giants are better WITH their true #1 vs without is now co-cky? Sounds pretty realistic to me.
    BASTE MODE

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by stormblue View Post
    comes off a bit ****y to me . instead of stressing what a value he is to the team he should have just pimped up his team mates that are doing a fine job in his absence i can't believe the computer sensored out "cocqy"
    The profanity filter searches for combinations of letters. It seems a reasonable filtering in that regard. Circumventing the filter is not advised. Just pick another descriptor.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Giants' Hakeem Nicks, Martellus Bennett practice today

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...martellus.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks said today was going to be the "defining day" for whether he will play Sunday against the 49ers.

As of a few minutes ago, it's so far, so good.

Nicks practiced Thursday and was practicing during the media portion of the session open to the media today. He was making cuts and jumping to make catches in drills without looking hindered – signs that he is likely to return Sunday against the 49ers.

The wide receiver has missed the last three games due to a left knee injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week 2 in addition to soreness in his surgically repaired right foot.

Tight end Martellus Bennett was also taking part in individuals and moving without hindrance. Bennett played through much of the Giants' win over the Browns with a hyperextended knee he suffered in the first quarter. Earlier in the week he said he planned on playing Sunday." Read more...

# 80

Veteran
    Thanks RF. This news makes me happier than gallagher at a flea market.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Awesome!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

This is great news. Buddy333 won't approve.

+ Reply to Thread