+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Thinking the Giants are better WITH their true #1 vs without is now co-cky? Sounds pretty realistic to me.

well the rason i can't pat him on the back is because his own hand is in the way.

pimping yourself is unprofessional unless your name is jim rome and you're paid to gloss yourself.

if you like that sort of braggadocious , good for you.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The profanity filter searches for combinations of letters. It seems a reasonable filtering in that regard. Circumventing the filter is not advised. Just pick another descriptor.
    "arrogant" was my first thought , but i thought it a little overly critical for the circumstance.
    i'm not sure he even meant it the way it sounded.
    anyways,not that big a deal .
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    doesnt sound to me like a guy that can be effective in a game against SF sunday
    he was banged up vs. Tampa and went for 199 ... i'll settle for 125 even !
    Apologize to Melo 5

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I get the vibe that Bennett really feels like he's found a team he truly belongs on...
    Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I don't think he's going to play
    He really doesn't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by GMENAGAIN View Post
    Until he can make more money with another team next year . . . . .
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. We wont be able to resign him if he breaks out this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...martellus.html

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks said today was going to be the "defining day" for whether he will play Sunday against the 49ers.

As of a few minutes ago, it's so far, so good.

Nicks practiced Thursday and was practicing during the media portion of the session open to the media today. He was making cuts and jumping to make catches in drills without looking hindered – signs that he is likely to return Sunday against the 49ers.

The wide receiver has missed the last three games due to a left knee injury he suffered against the Buccaneers in Week 2 in addition to soreness in his surgically repaired right foot.

Tight end Martellus Bennett was also taking part in individuals and moving without hindrance. Bennett played through much of the Giants' win over the Browns with a hyperextended knee he suffered in the first quarter. Earlier in the week he said he planned on playing Sunday." Read more...
    Good news, hope it doesnt change before game time, as we can use as many starters as we can get on the field.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

As much as I want Nicks to be physically able to play vs Niners, my real concern is for our DL to make the trip to SF. If they don't step up and play to their end-of-2011 level (which they obviously have not done yet this year), it will make no difference whether or not Nicks plays this Sunday. When Smith is pressured, his performance drops off the cliff. His consistently high level of play this season so far is due to him not being pressured much at all yet.

All-Pro
    Only time will tell
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Coughlin is always vague about injuries. He wants 1 of 2 things:
    A) The other team to prepare for their guy to be playing (Nicks) and he really doesnt..throwing the other team off
    or
    B) Have the other team expecting a back-up, when our guy (Nicks) really is going to play...also throwing the other team off
    and
    C.) The coaches have no idea and are just as confused as the fans.

If i had to guess, this would be a case of the B's.